Motherwell v St. Johnstone - 18th December 2021

Can't help but think we need to do something drastic now. Maybe even take some chances with the formation? We're not even defending particularly well now which is a concern.

The players also need to step up and be counted and take some responsibility. Too many having poor games each week. 

Edited by Broon_100

I might start running a book on the chances of us having a shot on target in the first half of a game. Genuinely not sure when it last happened.

VAR and that motherwell elbow could be a red in the hands on an officious ref. Looked pretty deliberate.
McCart didn't make much of it either which probably helped him too. Not that it was a red.

Actually think we've been better in the main and the goal comes from motherwell's first real shot on goal. Almost doesn't require comment now, but need to be better in the final third. Middleton should do better in a couple of situations but getting in there at least.

Really frustrating seeing us behind again, but I think we’re playing okay mostly.  Not great, but okay and certainly better than recently. 

We’re playing the ball through midfield and trying to get forward. It looks like a football team again rather than everyone just there to defend and thump the ball clear.

Its a poor defensive header by McCart  but it’s fairly typical of our season that the motherwell lad controls and volleys it into the bottom corner rather than putting it miles over the bar.

We just need to stop making shit decisions at key times when going forward, or taking a careless touch. There doesn’t have to be anything exceptional to create a chance or two, just control and play it to a teammate more often! May and Glenn (who’s done okay) I’m looking at you two especially.

We do look a bit open when motherwell break, but at least we’re on their half for spells!

7 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Its a poor defensive header by McCart  but it’s fairly typical of our season that the motherwell lad controls and volleys it into the bottom corner rather than putting it miles over the bar.

I mean, you could look at the goal as some form of bad luck, but we've left a boy unmarked 15 yards out and central, so I'm not entirely sure it's worthwhile saying its anything other than poor defending.

Edited by RandomGuy.