Stranraer v Kelty Hearts

The Blues welcome Kelty Hearts to Stair Park for the first time ever this Saturday.

A very even game up at New Central Park in September with an 8th minute Nathan Austin goal giving the home team the 3 points. 

It looks like it's going to be a good day for a game of fitba' with virtually no wind and partially cloudy sky. 

Really looking for forward to this game and I'm predicting a score draw!

Any Kelty fans looking for a beer before the game should visit the Fitba Bar in North Strand Street. Only a ten minute walk to Stair Park.

fitba-bar.jpg

Edited by stranraerfc1870

4-0 Kelty. Don't think anyone seen that coming, but we'll take it!

Kelty are so much better than everyone else in this league, so it’s quite easy to predict scorelines like that. The only remarkable thing is it doesn’t happen that often.

Santa came early for Kelty Hearts with Stranraer gifting the first 2 goals to them.

We had a couple of chances to make it one all but couldn't convert. The second Kelty goal sealed the victory.

Kelty Hearts are a better team than Queens Park and will win this league with half a dozen matches remaining.

The only way to come close to them is to have all your first eleven picks fit and playing with confidence, and them taking the foot of the gas.

12 hours ago, onecowden said:

Kelty are so much better than everyone else in this league, so it’s quite easy to predict scorelines like that. The only remarkable thing is it doesn’t happen that often.

If scores like that don't happen that often, then how can they be easy to predict? The point that I was making was that a tough game was expected as Stranraer had competed well in the first match at NCP, plus they were on a good run, and also had home advantage yesterday. Not many, if any, Kelty fans would have said beforehand that they expected to win the match 4-0.

On 19/12/2021 at 07:31, Robert Forbes said:

If scores like that don't happen that often, then how can they be easy to predict? The point that I was making was that a tough game was expected as Stranraer had competed well in the first match at NCP, plus they were on a good run, and also had home advantage yesterday. Not many, if any, Kelty fans would have said beforehand that they expected to win the match 4-0.

Fair point. I was certainly guilty of a poorly worded post.

I think Kelty has a squad so much better than is needed to win this league, therefore it’s easy to predict comfortable wins. Sometimes the scoreline doesn’t always reflect the dominance. It doesn’t really matter as long as the three point hauls keep coming. Without doubt it will continue for the rest of the season. That I can confidently predict.

On 22/12/2021 at 18:27, onecowden said:

Fair point. I was certainly guilty of a poorly worded post.

I think Kelty has a squad so much better than is needed to win this league, therefore it’s easy to predict comfortable wins. Sometimes the scoreline doesn’t always reflect the dominance. It doesn’t really matter as long as the three point hauls keep coming. Without doubt it will continue for the rest of the season. That I can confidently predict.

There's no doubt that Kelty have the strongest squad in the league, and it is likely that they will win the league, but most of their matches have been tough, and some of these could have gone either way. The two matches against your team are testament to that. I have seen the vast majority of their matches this season and very few have been easy wins, It's why it's not easy to predict large margins of victories, plus it is a bit arrogant to mouth off that your team will win easily, and most people surrounding Kelty Hearts are certainly not that.

Edited by Robert Forbes

There's no doubt that Kelty have the strongest squad in the league, and it is likely that they will win the league, but most of their matches have been tough, and some of these could have gone either way. The two matches against your team are testament to that. I have seen the vast majority of their matches this season and very few have been easy wins, It's why it's not easy to predict large margins of victories, plus it is a bit arrogant to mouth off that your team will win easily, and most people surrounding Kelty Hearts are certainly not that.

I certainly wouldn’t accuse Kelty fans of arrogance. I would say the opposite. Not really sure why you mentioned it.

On 18/12/2021 at 08:33, DG.Roma said:

I don't think Kelty will get through the whole season unbeaten. Someone on good form will catch them on a rare off day, and it could well be one of the D&G teams either this weekend or next

Called it 

9 hours ago, onecowden said:

I certainly wouldn’t accuse Kelty fans of arrogance. I would say the opposite. Not really sure why you mentioned it.

I mentioned it as you said that predicting big Kelty wins was easy, but I think if Kelty fans were making these predictions on a regular basis then they would be quite rightly seen as being a bit arrogant.

Edited by Robert Forbes

I mentioned it as you said that predicting big Kelty wins was easy, but I think if Kelty fans were making these predictions on a regards basis then they would be quite rightly seen as being a bit arrogant.

Yes. That’s what I thought you were getting at. Confidence is not arrogance.