MO - QP

2 hours ago, Angus of the Mo said:

It looked like leaving you a month ago. 

Title looks to be Cove’s, they are starting to make a gap, but strange things can happen. Falkirk might have a resurgence, though I’m not sure if they still have Holt in charge? 

Can't see anyone catching Cove. They're not going to stop winning games if both strikers stay fit. And, yes, that bad home run we had a few weeks ago has done for us.

Got ourselves into promising positions and made dreadful decisions. Thought we got away with a yellow card at the penalty tbh. 

Full-time football isn’t a silver bullet, but you’d certainly expect to see a more cohesive unit. That simply isn’t happening. I struggle to see what our style of play is supposed to be and what our tactics are. I’m not sure the players know either. 

A point at Links Park isn’t a disaster, but it’s part of a body of work that’s producing few wins. A lot of players have shown more than we’re getting from them right now.

Edited by an86

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Got ourselves into promising positions and made dreadful decisions. Thought we got away with a yellow card at the penalty tbh. 

Full-time football isn’t a silver bullet, but you’d certainly expect to see a more cohesive unit. That simply isn’t happening. I struggle to see what our style of play is supposed to be and what our tactics are. I’m not sure the players know either. 

A point at Links Park isn’t a disaster, but it’s part of a body of work that’s producing few wins. A lot of players have shown more than we’re getting from them right now.

I also think if we could have started the season injury free we would be well ahead by now. If if if.

1 hour ago, williebraveheart said:

I also think if we could have started the season injury free we would be well ahead by now. If if if.

Was it Murray's right knee that was the longer-term problem? Is he done?

I'm interested to see the return of Grant and Quitongo, but I'm not really expecting them to take up where they left off that soon.

Baynham was just my imagination.

2 hours ago, Velvet Donkey said:

Was it Murray's right knee that was the longer-term problem? Is he done?

I'm interested to see the return of Grant and Quitongo, but I'm not really expecting them to take up where they left off that soon.

Baynham was just my imagination.

Apparently his Dad had 3 years of knee injury too. I suppose once it gets in your mind, the slightest twinge is a worry. He just stopped and sat down yesterday, nothing obvious. 

No sign of Baynham in the weekly training pics from Lochinch. 😕

23 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Apparently his Dad had 3 years of knee injury too. I suppose once it gets in your mind, the slightest twinge is a worry. He just stopped and sat down yesterday, nothing obvious. 

No sign of Baynham in the weekly training pics from Lochinch. 😕

His Dad did have knee injuries. Wouldn’t say it ended his career but he did stop playing due to it, albeit he was well into his 30s at the time. 

On 18/12/2021 at 23:42, MO7S said:

Thought we were really unlucky today.  The team we had to field was covid and injury ridden yet was never bothered by Queen's Pee apart from a defensive error that they scored from.  We were never going to score many with SP forced to play Keatings leading the attack.  He has yet to produce anything for us.  But heyho not losing under the circumstances to an, apparently, full time squad (shower of wage thieves) shows the resilience and positive approach MightMo has to every game.

Why was the Queens Pee player not sent off at the penalty as it was the most apparent goal scoring opportunity ever?

If you're gonna come out with such tragic patter then at least do it properly. It's "Queue Pee" ffs..