North Lanarkshire EL Clasico

Gg rob Jones I give you a lot of stick. Played some honking stuff but got the goal. Hopefully this is the confidence boost you need to kick on? 

tade what a miss to win it sir just wasn’t to be.

Currie is too easy to wind up hahahhaha he’s pish #blaircurrieloyal

Having seen every team in the league play, Airdrie & Montrose have been the best footballing teams, with Cove probably more "street wise" than the rest of us.

I think we should be just about safe (next three games absolutely massive), decent crowd (and away support) for a Tuesday night I thought, I still think we are 3 or 4 players away from being a decent team that should be challenging for promotion play-offs.

Oh and Dylan Easton really is a smooth operator and should be playing championship level at least.

1 hour ago, TamClyde said:

Gg rob Jones I give you a lot of stick. Played some honking stuff but got the goal. Hopefully this is the confidence boost you need to kick on? 

tade what a miss to win it sir just wasn’t to be.

Currie is too easy to wind up hahahhaha he’s pish #blaircurrieloyal

Is it not his brother Max in goal ??

Agree re comments about Easton, just talking about that on the way down the road last night. What a difference it would make to  to have someone of similar ability (or even half) in our midfield.

I've left it to cool off since last night, and with my neutral head on.... it was a fairly entertaining 2nd half, I'll say that.

We kept the ball well enough, dictated the play and had Clyde penned in, but its a 90+ min game, and we've gifted teams chances recently (East Fife were hopeless and didn't take them, Falkirk took a couple of their multiple gifts and Clyde were what I can only describe as clinical last night), and I'm sorry but if you defend like that twice and ship 2 goals based on those 2 lapses, you reap exactly what you sow unfortunately.

First half I thought big Nicoll had Eastons number, never gave him a minute, had obviously been told to man mark him, match runs and just generally not give him any space, in fact, Eastons first real sparkle came in the second half when Frizzell had dragged Nicoll out of position and left Easton to run at Clydes right side of defence.  A couple of times there was shouts for fouls by Nicoll, but IMO it was hard fair challenges, although he did have a nibble at Frizzell on the touch line and then was correctly booked when he was, but I thought he was absolutely fine for Clyde tbh.  Kyle McDonald was very good last night, a real attacking natural outlet we don't get from Walker or (to an extent) McGill filling in there.  Smiths missed chance in the first half looked easier to score, but it was an awkward height so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.  I'd like to see the first goal again, I thought Fordyce was far too slow getting out to Tade to stop the cross, and if he was injured at that point or not 100%, he should have been off before then, and WTF is the keeper doing at both goals, but again, I'll have to see them again to confirm.

Yes its disappointing to throw away 2 points, and the general consensus on here is Airdrie were the better team, counts for hee haw though if you can't turn dominance into goals.  It really does highlight how much we need a proper striker, unfortunately though a 20+ goal a season man isn't just going to chap our door and offer his services for free.

Work to do, good attacking performance and control of the game - shocking defending.

Really did blow it last night, missing an excellent opportunity to cut the gap to a much more surmountable looking 5 points, but defending like that gets you punished, even when the opposition aren't up to much. Nearly gifted them a winner, too, if Tade had elected not to go for the spectacular and took his time. He could have taken a few touches.  

Whilst we dominated the game, for all our good football, we didn't put it out of sight they way we did in the two games last season. Pathetic defending for both goals, but in truth the backline looked shaky all evening and a better side than clyde punish us earlier and more often.

I'd love a deadly striker, but since those are thin on the ground in January, I think the focus has to be on getting the defensive frailty and lack of composure sorted out. We always look likely to score a goal or two, so it really is criminal to concede so many goals, so very cheaply.  

9 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Seeing Dylan Easton play again last night makes it all the more frustrating he got crocked after a few games with us. It was obvious to see then how talented a player he is. 

To be honest !as t nights game was probably his poorest, especially first half,  he has been different class  all season though and it's a delight to watch him,  can he cut it at championship level,  I would say yes if he was in a decent side although championship football is a totally different beast to the seaside league .