North Lanarkshire EL Clasico

7 minutes ago, Angus of the Mo said:

Clyde have to be the Jammiest team in the league.

Did the same against the Mo, stole a point in the second last minute, you’ve done that in several games this season.

Not really jammy but is it? There’s 90 minutes plus stoppage in a game of football to score a goal. Not our fault teams can’t keep switched on for the full game, defend and not give up late goals is it?

This comment reeks of when the Rangers fans were saying if matches were played over 80 minutes Celtic wouldn’t have got nine in a row 😂😂 

Did the same against the Mo, stole a point in the second last minute, you’ve done that in several games this season.

Peterhead scored a 92nd minute equaliser against us a few weeks back. We've concede a number of goals just before half time too.

13 minutes ago, shawfielder said:

Sore to watch, this team would struggle badly in the 2nd division, guys playing well above their level, some can’t even do the basics right, it’s embarrassing every time we get a throw in on the right side. Must be one of the worst teams I’ve seen over more years than I care to remember 

Unfortunately you’re right….lack of passing ability or tackling from some players.but will take a point…thought that we could have been battered score wise…right back area horrendous just now. Now let’s pump Alloa.

First half we were dreadful. A massive gap in the middle of midfield and we resorted to aimless punts up the wing to nobody. Think we passed to Airdrie players more than they did, too.

When Airdrie finally scored I thought it was going to end up 2 or 3-0 but credit to the team. They never give up or know when they’re beaten. Fair play to Danny for the turnaround in form since Clydebank.

We did steal a point there but in a way threw away 3 points with Tade’s miss in the last minute. He had time to take a touch and place it. Can’t complain though given how much Airdrie were all over us throughout. They played some class football tbf.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

Football is a simple game with the object to score goals. Clyde did that twice tonight and all our moans about how we failed to stop them are understandable . It's a funny old game when it was done without DG and much as I liked our first goal we did overplay so many situations, while Clyde did not. Suspect the play offs are where we will be again. Clyde look weak in general but they will be safe again IMO.

I actually cannot believe we blew that, absolutely battered them from start to finish but our defence and goalkeeper cost us ultimately. For the first Currie was indecisive and should have either stayed on his line or came and punched it, of which he done neither. Got to ask what Callum smith brings to the team, played about 20 games this season and only scored 4 league goals which is absolutely honking. Also cannot believe we weren’t given a penalty when smith was pulled back but because he didn’t go to ground it wasn’t given, anywhere else on the park and it’s a foul. Still a lot of football to be played but can’t see Cove blowing a 7 point lead, would need a monumental collapse from them for us to win the league now but weirder things have happened in football I suppose. On the upside I thought Kyle MacDonald was the best player on the park tonight, composed on the ball, looked dangerous going forward and relatively solid at the back. Paterson also looked very good when he came on for about 10 mins and his cracking ball in caused the rammy in the box which lead to our 2nd, think he’s got to start on Saturday and push MacDonald out to right back, not been impressed with Watson of late. Anyway, onwards and upwards, really praying we mange to go up this season, can’t take another season in this utterly shite league[emoji815]️

Airdrie play some really good stuff and if they had a clinical striker they would be right up with cove, that’s probably the only difference between the two teams. 

Will happily take a point from it as the gap between the teams is massive. Jones managing to run from behind to in front of the defender for the first was also poor defending from whoever it was, currie making an arse of the second was just class after his celebration.

We cannot go on with hoping there will be 2 worse teams and we just stay up, it won’t go on much longer. 

1 hour ago, Jack Burton said:
1 hour ago, Angus of the Mo said:

Peterhead scored a 92nd minute equaliser against us a few weeks back. We've concede a number of goals just before half time too.

Going back to when he took over, our points gained v points lost record in the last few minutes is absolutely ridiculous under Lennon. We have conceded first in 15 of our 22 games this season yet have only ended up losing 8 of them. 

Firstly, Airdrie are by far the best team to watch in the league and whilst I'd agree that Cove perhaps have a bit more nous, I'd much rather watch Airdrie play. I reckon they'll be even better once they have the natural left-back in the team as although the use the width well, the diamond in midfield means they do rely on the full-backs to stretch the game. McInroy is obviously missed, but I think getting McCabe into midfield will make a difference; I thought he controlled the game tonight.

What Danny Lennon is getting out of these players is absolutely incredible, but bringing on Jones to play on the right of midfield has to be the worst substitution a Clyde manager has made in some time. It just gave Airdrie free reign down that side. It was compounded when we brought Tade on and went back to a four across the middle. It worked in the end to some extent with the goals but we were very lucky as when Jamieson went off I thought we were actually frustrating Airdrie.

We are in desperate need of reinforcements. I actually thought Nicoll did okay tonight, possibly because he was one of the fresher players on the pitch but he really is the last resort in there. Page was awful and teams have him marked down as a target to get at now. Some of the distribution from him, Rumsby and Elsdon saw us forced back constantly, just knocking the ball up in the air when simple passes were on. Jamieson was also clearly miles off the pace but going up against Fordyce/Kerr is as hard a gig as any in this league, more so for someone who has barely played. His finishing during the warm-up was mouthwatering though and he set an example to a certain other striker with his work ethic.

Positives would be Parry who made a couple of excellent saves, and Docherty. He's towards the end of his career now but his time at Clyde might end up being the making of Livingstone, if he takes on board all of that knowledge on how to position yourself, distances from opposing wingers, when to press, when to drop. And getting another point, through a Billy Mortimer goal. I did not expect that when I set out for Broadwood this evening. 

The next three games are absolutely massive. I'd feel confident going into them with Cuddihy, Gomis, Goodwillie, Kennedy and Cunningham but there must be a decent chance that all could miss Saturday at least.

Still sitting here in a state of shock that I watched Dr. Robert Jones and Billius Mortimer both score in a game of football. Outstanding scenes tonight. Unfortunately, Tadé didn’t realise he had quite literally the freedom of Cumbernauld to bury that chance at the end in what would have been the funniest conclusion to an Association Football match ever.

Airdrie looked pretty good for the most part. Two well taken goals and it really is the biggest travesty that we didn’t get to see more of Dylan Easton when he was with us. For the record, they looked much better than Cove but I suppose Cove kept a clean sheet and Airdrie chucked two in.

We were absolutely rotten for pretty much the entire match. Genuinely stunk the place out. Jamieson worked his socks off in his time on the pitch, even when shifted out to the wing in the second half. Despite his goal, bringing Jones on to play wide right for a while was when Airdrie started to really hurt us down our right hand side. I pray that Jamieson has been signed to compliment Goodwillie rather than as his replacement. Airdrie’s centre halves dealt with Goodwillie pretty well, as they usually do, but I think it’s clear he wasn’t fully fit tonight. His goal tally really is remarkable when I’m not convinced he’s really been fully fit for the best part of a year.

Any optimism I had of the signing of Jamieson was diminished when I saw us lining up with Nicoll in midfield. Gomis was iced up after he came off on Saturday so I did think he’d possibly miss this one. To be fair to Nicoll, he just shouldn’t be anywhere near that squad but given he is, and we were missing Cuddihy, Kennedy and Gomis from our midfield, there he was. It’s getting borderline unpleasant watching his hatchet man tackling every game now, to be honest. Needless to say, we couldn’t get near Airdrie in the midfield. Constant concession of the ball almost as soon as we got a hold of it and not just from the midfield. Love made consistently the wrong choice just about 90% of the time he was in possession. Livingstone put in one of the best performances in terms of failing to head a football that I have ever seen tonight too.

In saying that, there’s no doubt that the majority of players in that team, regardless of ability, absolutely give their everything. It’s chronic football and I’m still not convinced that we’re anything like looking safe but they’re grinding out results for the most part and keeping us afloat. If we can get Cuddihy and Cunningham back playing and retain the services of Goodwillie then we should have enough about us to stay safe. I still very much worry about us if we allow Goodwillie to move on though, regardless of tonight’s goal scorers.

36 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Airdrie play some really good stuff and if they had a clinical striker they would be right up with cove, that’s probably the only difference between the two teams. 

Thought similar. Like a better version of QP but with the same lack of a 15-20 goal striker up top. The amount of balls across goal Airdrie and QP on Saturday have both put in with no takers has been quite astounding.

A draw was pretty fair on Saturday but we snatched one tonight. Was excited to see a Goodie and Jamieson partnership when the teams news came out but in truth it never really happened for either of them. Jamieson is an excellent signing though and will get better with more minutes. Hope Goodie's injury lasts until 1st February. Thought Docherty, Nicoll (where was Gomis?) and especially Livingstone had good games. Docherty was poor at the start of the season but has been pretty solid since we've went more rigid. Livingstone really has excelled in a more advanced role. Happy for Jones as although he was awful on Saturday some of the shouts were embarrassing and it showed character to bounce back from that with tonights goal. I could name a dozen strikers we've had that have offered less than him. Despite an assist Tade looked done from the minute he was introduced after starting at the weekend. f**k knows what that effort was at the end :lol: 

Missing Watson stealing 10 yards every throw in in the first half then speaking to Love the first time he done it in the 2nd half was strange from the ref as was turning down a quite clear Airdrie penalty. Boy perhaps too honest not to go down but I still expected it to be given. 

Edited by CM.

24 minutes ago, macclyde+ said:

Well that was hilarious last night.

Particularly as the Airdrie players celebrating as if they'd won the League both times they scored.

Deiclious 😂

You’d think they’d learn after the Dumbarton debacle… but no. 

Game management is still one of the key weaknesses in our/Murray’s game. There have been umpteen games where it’s felt like we’ve hung on by the skin of our teeth as well as gifted the opposition daft goals from absolutely nothing.

On the other hand, I’ll be having Vietnam style flashbacks if I hear “there’s a chance for Clyde here if they can just find Goodwillie/Ally Love” again if a defender has the ball and their attackers are man for man against the defence. Said it at the Broomfield return fixture but the whole ‘ping the ball to Goodwillie and hope he does something good’ doesn’t really… work.