North Lanarkshire EL Clasico

1 hour ago, TamClyde said:

Talk pish, start of the game you could easily see the far side corner flags and read the purple “homes book” sponsor boards. After the restart you couldn’t see any of that. But yeah probably those Masonic refs at it again! 

re the red, blatant penalty ignored, constant fouls on Clyde players ignored, blatant bookings not given. Barry cook is one of the worst refs in the game. BUT the ref was not the reason we conceded 2 and were on course for a skelping .

TBF if that was the case the game would have been played to a finish ;) 

Fog came and went and came back.  I genuinely believe that Cook wanted to give it every chance and was influenced by the goal and the bad Injury to the Airdrie man. I hope that lad is ok.

Thought we were battered by a Airdrie side, superior in pretty much every department. 

We pass poorly, are impotent in MF and so slow in defence.   Although Parry did make a couple of good saves he did not cover himself in glory for either goal. 

I've been a good boy this year and have asked Santa for 1 CH, 1 RB & 2 MF players.  I am desperate for some shiny new things in the January sales...

I don't see any issue with starting the game and whilst it wasn't particularly enjoyable, it wasn't impossible to see what was going on either. The fog was definitely at its worst when the game was originally stopped. The referee did the right thing waiting for a period of time and the best conditions the whole afternoon were when it was restarted. It was only going one way when it was halted again though. Airdrie had an attack just before where their players were invisible, with only the barely visible ball and Clyde players giving an idea of what was happening. 

On the game itself and it was no surprise that a team of full-time, competent League 1 players looked a class apart from our one-man band. It is so frustrating watching a team cut their way through the thirds with ease like that, really exposing the lethargy we have all over the pitch. We literally could do nothing to combat a simple one-two and I'm fairly sure that Airdrie would have taken three points over 90 minutes, probably by a bigger margin than a solitary goal. I will literally never get over the fact that we didn't get to watch a full season of Dylan Easton at Clyde - what a wasted career he has had meandering about this level and lower. He's obviously good on the ball but today he was also the first to almost every second ball as well.

All of that said, we did have a goal ruled out for offside, scored a goal, had what looked like a clear penalty kick turned down and also were exceptionally unlucky that the referee stopped a quick free-kick when Goodwillie had the easy task of putting either of two unmarked players through on goal. We had enough interest in the match to suggest that we could well have nicked something had we rode our luck at the other end. That's the third home game in a row where we've scored from Splaine bursting through midfield. Danny Lennon did well shunting Jones, who was back to his lazy self today, out wide and putting Love centrally.

We've had a bit of a lucky break today but imagine the reaction if you'd said at the end of the October that we'd go unbeaten in the league from one meeting with Falkirk until the next? 

I'm not sure if it's still the case (I suppose Covid may have changed things) but there used to be a cut-off around this time of year. I have a feeling that if a match is called off at any point between game 1 and last weekend (e.g. Airdrie v QP) then it's automatically arranged for 10/11 days later, unless that creates a clash. 

As such, the last weekend before Christmas (today) is historically the point at which matches do not need to be re-arranged until the main diet of re-arranged games, at the end of February/start of March. The two clubs can obviously agree themselves to play it earlier but there's no obligation.

23 hours ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

It wasn't. It was worse at kick off than it was when he stopped it the first time and at the time he abandoned it.

First picture was immediately prior to kick off and second picture when he stopped the match on the first occasion.

Cannae see a corner flag at kick off, clearly visible when stopped. It was a fucking arsehole decision.

PXL_20211218_145813099.jpg

PXL_20211218_161649843.MP.jpg

No way that should've been abandoned, then. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Should be a comfortable win given our league form and obviously superior players, but the squad is still rather stretched and we often seem to suffer a cup hangover, so complacency will have to be guarded against as Clyde have been in okay form themselves of late. 

Great opportunity to reduce Cove's lead to 5 points, and the fog fair bailed the hosts out as we were turning the screw at the point of abandonment in pursuit of a third, so hopefully the team go into it with the right level of application. If they do, we win the game. 

If they could avoid gifting a soft goal to them that'd be lovely anawl. 

Very much looking forward to this one. It’ll be my first game since Falkirk away in August (only just fully recovered from that performance).

Airdrie always seem to have our number - was the last time we beat them December 2019 at Broadwood? Would take a draw here to continue our decent form.