North Lanarkshire EL Clasico

7 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

It wasn't. It was worse at kick off than it was when he stopped it the first time and at the time he abandoned it.

First picture was immediately prior to kick off and second picture when he stopped the match on the first occasion.

Cannae see a corner flag at kick off, clearly visible when stopped. It was a fucking arsehole decision.

PXL_20211218_145813099.jpg

PXL_20211218_161649843.MP.jpg

Talk pish, start of the game you could easily see the far side corner flags and read the purple “homes book” sponsor boards. After the restart you couldn’t see any of that. But yeah probably those Masonic refs at it again! 

re the red, blatant penalty ignored, constant fouls on Clyde players ignored, blatant bookings not given. Barry cook is one of the worst refs in the game. BUT the ref was not the reason we conceded 2 and were on course for a skelping .

Airdrie simply had / have better players than us, especially in midfield. That said Referee was awful, strange decisions and from what I could see missed two really strong penalty claims. He also had a strange decision not allowing Goodwillie’s quick fee kick when Airdrie had did it at least 3 times previously (as good teams do)

No doubt we got out of jail today but just a reprieve unless we bring in at least 3 preferably 5 quality players.  Although 8 weeks ago we would have been 4-5 down Lennon has actually managed to stop the rot.. for time being at least. 

27 minutes ago, TamClyde said:

Talk pish, start of the game you could easily see the far side corner flags and read the purple “homes book” sponsor boards. After the restart you couldn’t see any of that. But yeah probably those Masonic refs at it again! 

re the red, blatant penalty ignored, constant fouls on Clyde players ignored, blatant bookings not given. Barry cook is one of the worst refs in the game. BUT the ref was not the reason we conceded 2 and were on course for a skelping .

Those two pictures I took tell a very different story, but you believe what you like. And there was no blatant penalty.

4 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Those two pictures I took tell a very different story, but you believe what you like. And there was no blatant penalty.

I was at the game. First half visibility was much better than second half, possibly helped with some daylight still creeping through. Sun set, fog dropped, lifted a wee bit then dropped again. Game should really have been called before second half started if the ref had any concern.

I was at the game. First half visibility was much better than second half, possibly helped with some daylight still creeping through. Sun set, fog dropped, lifted a wee bit then dropped again. Game should really have been called before second half started if the ref had any concern.
I was at the game and took the 2 pictures. 2 minutes to kick off was way worse than when he stopped it. If he was so worried he should never have started it.

2 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:
4 minutes ago, bhoonaman said:

I was at the game and took the 2 pictures. 2 minutes to kick off was way worse than when he stopped it. If he was so worried he should never have started it.

Fair do's, my long sightedness must have been an advantage today then. Agree with your final comment - especially when ref's seem to be more than happy to call off a 3pm game due to a frozen pitch based on an 8am inspection.

It wasn't. It was worse at kick off than it was when he stopped it the first time and at the time he abandoned it.

First picture was immediately prior to kick off and second picture when he stopped the match on the first occasion.
Cannae see a corner flag at kick off, clearly visible when stopped. It was a fucking arsehole decision.
PXL_20211218_145813099.thumb.jpg.1619a63bfec4567e835944f7263e9851.jpg
PXL_20211218_161649843_MP.thumb.jpg.391befab94d06295dfab27e721398015.jpg

The fog in those pictures is nowhere near as bad as it was at the Rock yet our ref played to a finish. You literally could not see the other side of the park. No idea how the linesman could make an offside decision or tell if the ball had crossed the bye line

The fog in those pictures is nowhere near as bad as it was at the Rock yet our ref played to a finish. You literally could not see the other side of the park. No idea how the linesman could make an offside decision or tell if the ball had crossed the bye line
It got much worse than that. 8704887254b85cc70fe2b02ca6e66b1c.jpg
23855d362fb8e5ce662b73fe018a425a.jpg

Think photos are a bit deceptive. I took some and the fog doesn’t look anywhere near as bad in the photos as it did in person. From where I was sitting, I thought the fog was definitely at its worst when the ref first stopped the game. I couldn’t see the far corner flags which I could see clearly at the start of the game. I didn’t think the fog was as bad when he finally abandoned it so found that a bit odd. 
The fans views are immaterial in any event. It’s what the ref can or can’t see at pitch level that’s the deciding factor. Things might have looked quite different from there. 
As for the game itself, Airdrie are clearly a significantly better side than we are and will understandably be pissed off that a game they were dominating didn’t finish. 
Hope the injured player makes a speedy recovery. Couldn’t really see clearly what happened. Did he fall awkwardly or go over on his ankle or something? 

Sitting in the car park at 2 I wondered if it was actually likely to start. That did not improve in any real sense as we all tried to see what play was happening. I often wondered who was out on far side . The ref just about wanted to give it a chance but it was a correct tho annoying outcome. No point analysing either team as I had blurred vision. 

The fog intensity varied throughout the match.

However the trend was getting worse.

If the match continued, it would've been a travesty for the paying customer. It's a disgrace that fan experience is not taken into account when playing on fog.

For a large portion of the match the players, especially those wearing the Airdrie strip disappeared into the fog on the far side. Never mind the invisible ball.