What are you buying your wives/gfs/bfs/husbands for Christmas?

Thorongil

11 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

If this is a serious post, it’s one of the saddest I’ve read on The Forum. What a way to live your life. Middle age sounds grim.

As opposed to following her around like a lost puppy buying and doing whatever she wants, hoping you'll get your leg over? 

Aye, grim right enough :)

4 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

As opposed to following her around like a lost puppy buying and doing whatever she wants, hoping you'll get your leg over? 

Yeah, I mean this isn’t how normal relationships work mate. What a weird, skewed perspective on sex to have. 4A0C309C-6B26-4029-BF71-BB446AEBBF05.png.93bd6401839417f33d8430f372b40067.png

12 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

Some people respect their partners and do things that make them happy just because, but whatever floats your boat. 

She's getting a gin set, pyjamas, vouchers for various women's clothing outlets and I usually get her a nicely decorated box with ribbons and such and cram it with with bath stuff and wee make up bits and pieces and so on which she likes.

In return I'll receive alcohol, a nice fresh pair of Adidas and something Hibs related.

2 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Some people respect their partners and do things that make them happy just because, but whatever floats your boat. 

Not sure where this idea that Christmas presents were part of a transaction for sex came from. 

I'll get my wife something that will a) make her happy and b) prevent her from giving me festive gyp. 

18 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Not sure where this idea that Christmas presents were part of a transaction for sex came from. 

I'll get my wife something that will a) make her happy and b) prevent her from giving me festive gyp. 

Happy Wife Happy Life GIF - Happy Wife Happy Life Proud GIFs

1 minute ago, hk blues said:

Happy Wife Happy Life GIF - Happy Wife Happy Life Proud GIFs

I still carry the scars of the great Ugg Boot disaster of '07. 

Wife says she wants Ugg Boots. I have no idea what these are. Go into a shoe shop and ask for a pair in her size. The teenager behind the desk brings me these fluffy boots and charges me £30. I am well chuffed - she had been dropping hints like mad about these, and they were just £30. Christmas is sorted!

Christmas morning comes and she opens the box containing a pair of fluffy ankle length slippers. These are not Ugg Boots apparently. There commenced a lengthy diatribe about me, my "stinginess", full of colourful language. She was very creative and didn't even pause for breath. My responses of "But the guy in the shop said..." cut no ice.

It was a bad day all round.

3 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Wife says she wants Ugg Boots. I have no idea what these are. Go into a shoe shop and ask for a pair in her size. The teenager behind the desk brings me these fluffy boots and charges me £30. I am well chuffed - she had been dropping hints like mad about these, and they were just £30. Christmas is sorted!

Christmas morning comes and she opens the box containing a pair of fluffy ankle length slippers. These are not Ugg Boots apparently. There commenced a lengthy diatribe about me, my "stinginess", full of colourful language. She was very creative and didn't even pause for breath. My responses of "But the guy in the shop said..." cut no ice.

Shoes, handbags etc are a no-go for me - I stick to the easy stuff i.e. money in an envelope.  If I can find an envelope on Christmas Eve that is.

29 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

That’s a total disgrace from you to be fair.

1 hour ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Yeah, I mean this isn’t how normal relationships work mate. What a weird, skewed perspective on sex to have. 4A0C309C-6B26-4029-BF71-BB446AEBBF05.png.93bd6401839417f33d8430f372b40067.png

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Ahhh I see. Judging me by your standards. 

Ah well. 

2 hours ago, Kima Greggs said:

She's getting a gin set, pyjamas, vouchers for various women's clothing outlets and I usually get her a nicely decorated box with ribbons and such and cram it with with bath stuff and wee make up bits and pieces and so on which she likes.

In return I'll receive alcohol, a nice fresh pair of Adidas and something Hibs related.

See, "in return", it's all about what you can get! It's the giving that's the important part, I don't want anything in return. That's where me and you are different.

However, last year I got, not one, but two car hoovers from her. I didn't speak to her until about a week ago.

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

See, "in return", it's all about what you can get! It's the giving that's the important part, I don't want anything in return. That's where me and you are different.

However, last year I got, not one, but two car hoovers from her. I didn't speak to her until about a week ago.

At least you can clean the car twice as fast now you ungrateful old goat.

4 minutes ago, Kima Greggs said:

At least you can clean the car twice as fast now you ungrateful old goat.

Aye tight! They're in the back of the cupboard where I chucked them.

Even better, the house hoover detaches and has a flex long enough to vacuum the M8. I'm not stuck for alternatives in the car hoovering department.

3 hours ago, Kima Greggs said:

Manager’s puffy jacket and a three year contract.

4 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

If this is a serious post, it’s one of the saddest I’ve read on The Forum. What a way to live your life. Middle age sounds grim.

Incredibly grim, but to be expected from the crylaugh-emoji miserabilist and his predator drone repair man sidekick. Imagine wanting to partake in a cultural practice that has lasted thousands of years in European society to celebrate the winter solstice on a freezing, 18 hour dark rock, and do something nice for your partner into the bargain. Fortunately it is very clear from the transactional nature they apply to it that neither of these men have had regular sexual intercourse in quite some time. Sad!

Anyway, getting my fiance a nice pair of earrings she fancies for the wedding, a book she'll like, a candle and a couple of other stocking bits. Quite the decadent mating ritual