What are you buying your wives/gfs/bfs/husbands for Christmas?

Thorongil

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

Well this is odd. 

Got a notification that @oaksoft had quoted me in this thread. Clicked on it and it took me to the above post where he is quoting Bonksy. 

First time that has happened to me.

He probably deleted it straight after posting it, it's happened to me before.

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

And now my revised response to this post is just to ask if this bit in italics is a true story.

If so, yikes! 😵

I've never been spoken to like that by anyone. Not actually sure how I would react if my wife did it to me. I can't imagine I'd take it very well though. 

Yes, she was very hurt by it. She went on the assumption that I had seen Ugg boots, seen the price of them and chosen to buy a cheap knock-off version instead. Had that been the case I think the anger she directed at me would have been justified. 

Eventually she calmed down and she accepted what I said but it made that Christmas quite uncomfortable. For me, the lesson was to do my homework online before buying what she asked for. 

The only other time we came close to this was one year when she asked for a pink watch. She showed me a picture of it and I noted it down. Went and got it for her, all OK. On Christmas morning she opened the box and asked "Why did you get a purple one?" Now I looked at this watch and it was pink, and she swore it was purple. We showed it to the kids - my son agreed with me, and my step-daughter agreed with her. It is still here and he grew to like it, but when I see it I still see a pink watch. But for ages she was convinced that I had bought the wrong one. 

2 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

I'd a mate who gave his wife two tea towels and a pair of rubber gloves. Tbf, they were in the process of splitting up, but still.

Reminds me a bit of this pride-of-place showpiece currently in the Aberdeen club shop window:

802697892_PXL_20211216_1640585022.thumb.jpg.02d977011cb5580c21cd925fa7ecfaac.jpg

Why don't all you guys on here save yourselves the money and just ask your wife outright for sex.
She knows that's why you're buying her stuff.
You know that's why you're buying her stuff.
It's the same ridiculous pantomime at Valentine's Day as well.
Why not just save the money, buy some wine instead, send the kids to the grannies and just get straight to some funky business?
Life's too short for all this beating around  the bush. [emoji1787]

Get her a razor

Apart from something small like a book or some beers we haven't bought each other presents for a few years on the basis that if either of us wanted clothes, shoes etc etc we'd have just bought it regardless. 

What we have started doing is booking city breaks for the early part of the New Year when we can visit somewhere new, stay in a nice hotel and spend sometime together. 

Omicron dependent but we have New York booked for February, didn't t get away last year but year before we were in Venice and before that Berlin. 

Maybe this wouldn't suit everyone but works for us. 

23 hours ago, oaksoft said:

oooo you didn't like me exposing your real motives there did you? 🤣

Good one. 268705B6-EA45-4486-8BB9-544EA60E7EA9.png.5c0cd56e3414956262ae33301ba095a5.png
Thankfully my gf isn’t a prostitute and therefore I don’t need to ply her with gifts in order for her to want to sleep with me. Your relationship sounds like it’s really healthy mate, dead happy for you.

Ordered the wife's main present last Thursday with an expected delivery within 3 working days. Just had a text and an email with tracking info. Estimated delivery in the stuff today? 29th December. 

I told the wife but she seems fine with it. There are a few little gifts to go alongside this so she'll have something on the day.