Hi-Dees V Hearts

Was that a typical performance from Max Anderson? Would have given him the benefit of the doubt for the Kingsley one, had he not then had another couple of incidents afterwards. End result of his dodgy one on Kingsley though, is a boot and an x-ray on one of our best players, and biggest goal threats. Hope he gets a retrospective card.

It was a pretty good effort all things considered, and Fontaine did play well until he did something that he often does... he seems to forget that we have a 'keeper on the pitch.

He tries to block everything, all the time, no matter what. I admire that he will lay his body on the line for the cause, but you don't have to block every shot all the time. Today he blocked a tame effort that was headed straight towards a perfectly positioned Legzdins pushing it onto the post and then tapped in via rebound. It's essentially an own goal, and there is no need for it.

Fontaine just has very little situational awareness, and he does this sort of thing frequently... didn't he just do it a few weeks ago against Rangers? Major frustration watching this goal go in after a good effort with a disastrous looking game day squad after a total minter of a week off the park, and the own goal costing us the other night as well. 

51 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Was that a typical performance from Max Anderson? Would have given him the benefit of the doubt for the Kingsley one, had he not then had another couple of incidents afterwards. End result of his dodgy one on Kingsley though, is a boot and an x-ray on one of our best players, and biggest goal threats. Hope he gets a retrospective card.

Nice one, max.

1 hour ago, Kyle Reese said:

Anderson is a superb combative style midfielder.  He is still young and learning his trade.  There are plenty of teams that would be improved with Anderson in their side.  

For what it’s worth I don’t think the tackle was worthy of a red card.

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

Anderson is a superb combative style midfielder.  He is still young and learning his trade.  There are plenty of teams that would be improved with Anderson in their side.  

For what it’s worth I don’t think the tackle was worthy of a red card.

As I said, I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, mainly because he’s a young lad. I was doing so against my better judgement at the time, but he put in a couple of challenges later on that changed my mind. Combative is fine, within the laws of the game. Trying to do a fellow professional on the other hand, that needs nipped in the Bud whilst he’s still young. If that was intentional on Kingsley, then his manager is letting the lad down if he doesn’t pull him to one side and tell him to cut that shit out. 

As I said, I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, mainly because he’s a young lad. I was doing so against my better judgement at the time, but he put in a couple of challenges later on that changed my mind. Combative is fine, within the laws of the game. Trying to do a fellow professional on the other hand, that needs nipped in the Bud whilst he’s still young. If that was intentional on Kingsley, then his manager is letting the lad down if he doesn’t pull him to one side and tell him to cut that shit out. 
He wasn't fit, hobbled off midweek and was quite clearly put of sorts and shattered. Just played as we were desperate.

He's that sort of style that will get in trouble with late challenges when he tires.

2 hours ago, DC92 said:

Pretty tight call TBF. Walker looks about level with Fontaine but his right foot could be playing him off.

Screenshot_20211219-084431~2.png

Just for balance, Walker was flagged offside for this. :lol:

Screenshot_20211219-111024.png

26 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Dry your eyes pal, it's a man's game and we're fighting for our lives with an injury ravaged championship level squad. At least Anderson has put everyone on notice that he intends to go down swinging if need be.  Dee fans and young Max will take your 'benefit of the doubt' and file it straight into the rubbish file with the rest of the roaster Hearts fans general thoughts about ... well anything really.

1 minute ago, CanadianDee said:

Dry your eyes pal, it's a man's game and we're fighting for our lives with an injury ravaged championship level squad. At least Anderson has put everyone on notice that he intends to go down swinging if need be.  Dee fans and young Max will take your 'benefit of the doubt' and file it straight into the rubbish file with the rest of the roaster Hearts fans general thoughts about ... well anything really.

Well, there you have it then, I suppose. I’ll keep that in mind in future. Won’t bother trying to have a reasoned conversation with you in future, as you clearly don’t possess the required intellect. 🤣

9 minutes ago, harry94 said:

He wasn't fit, hobbled off midweek and was quite clearly put of sorts and shattered. Just played as we were desperate.

He's that sort of style that will get in trouble with late challenges when he tires.

Could be the case, and if so, he will grow out of it with good coaching and management. There was a time not so long ago when if a player accidentally did another in a bad way, they would get in touch and explain and apologise. Not sure how often it happens nowadays, but if McPake has anything about him, you’d hope he encourages Max to do just that. Cheers for the reasonable reply. 👍

6 minutes ago, CanadianDee said:

"Spam folder" was right there.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

He wasn't, Collum blew for a foul on the Hearts player who currently has the ball in your image. As Hearts had a free kick on that spot when he pulled play back.

I watched it on the stream so I knew it was pulled back for a Hearts free-kick (also an awful decision) but both the Dundee commentators and Sportscene mentioned that the linesman had his flag up for offside.

2 minutes ago, DC92 said:

I watched it on the stream so I knew it was pulled back for a Hearts free-kick (also an awful decision) but both the Dundee commentators and Sportscene mentioned that the linesman had his flag up for offside.

He did indeed, after Collum had blew, that linesman was awful in both halves.

I do agree though, a terrible decision by both, advantage should have been played and he was clearly not offside.

Anderson made a tackle which was out of control and caused injury to an opposing player. I don't see that intent is relevant in the rule book, it's a clear red card.

The decision to bring play back when Walker was one on one was nonsense. 

Collum spoilt the game really, he blew the whistle for about 5 Dundee fouls which shouldn't have been given so the home support were not happy either.

We weren't great but we had the bulk of possession, just a bit toothless. We need to try and shoot more, low at the goal and see what happens. Ultimately that's what led to the goal, if you have enough of the play in their third and keep shooting then a chance will spring up.

Dundee were solid at the back to be fair and I suspect they'll be fine this year given that was a weakened side for them.

Walker has proven yet again that he's very useful coming off the bench when you need a spark.