Hi-Dees V Hearts

8 minutes ago, Austin McCann said:

A deserved win . We weren't great but Dundee really are pish. Lots of chat about Dundee missing players but we didn't have Boyce, Baningime, Ginnelly and Kingsley. Three away points, my beer tastes good.

Kingsley started - you also have a bigger squad and budget than ourselves.

We didn't have Ashcroft, Sweeney, Marshall, Byrne, Adam, Cummings & Sheridan. 6 of those would probably start for us on a week to week basis if available.

We deserved the win IMO. We were pushing more and I think Gordon only had one save he could throw his cap on. Walker was clean though and wrongly pulled back for offside, we could have had a penalty for the challenge on McKay and Devlin should've wrapped it up at the end. 

I'm getting pretty fed up of us having about 10 corners a game that can't beat the first man though.

Anderson should definitely have been off, he wins the ball then lifts his lwg and catches Kingsley shin high with studs up. Pretty bizarre from him as he'd already won the ball clean as a whistle.

Finally,  Peter Haring was absolutely brilliant. 

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Kingsley started - you also have a bigger squad and budget than ourselves.

We didn't have Ashcroft, Sweeney, Marshall, Byrne, Adam, Cummings & Sheridan. 6 of those would probably start for us on a week to week basis if available.

Kingsley was only on for a quarter of the game. I take your point about budget and squad size but the players i mentioned are important players for us. 

51 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’ve just seen Hearts goal and seem to remember McPake on Sportsound after the match, complaining about it. What exactly for?

Wasn't a Hearts throw to begin with, and more importantly, I was in line with Walker and he was offside.

3 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

It was the throw in that he mentioned on Sportsound although his complaint was appropriately half-hearted

Got the impression from his pre-match interview, that Cummings is finished at Dundee. Despite myself, I disliked him a bit less after his post-match interview. Obviously he doesn’t like us, and the feeling is mutual as far as I’m concerned, but he seems to give a shit, and puts everything in to his job. 

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

Wasn't a Hearts throw to begin with, and more importantly, I was in line with Walker and he was offside.

So if that’s your usual spot at Dens, you must have been one of the Dundee fans wound up by Niall McGinn’s ears all those years ago?

Just now, kingjoey said:

So if that’s your usual spot at Dens, you must have been one of the Dundee fans wound up by Niall McGinn’s ears all those years ago?

No, sadly not, I had it worse. This is my 3rd year living in Dundee and my first as a Season Ticket holder.

I still lived in Aberdeen at the time and got it very tight that season.

Got the impression from his pre-match interview, that Cummings is finished at Dundee. Despite myself, I disliked him a bit less after his post-match interview. Obviously he doesn’t like us, and the feeling is mutual as far as I’m concerned, but he seems to give a shit, and puts everything in to his job. 

When hearts went into administration everyone in the U19s seemed to get promoted to the first team because we were desperate. Apart from Jason Cummings who was clearly such a w****r as a teenager that even in administration we weren’t desperate enough to take a chance on him.

He’s apparently still a w****r

38 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

The ball came off Fontaine onto the post, then it rebounded straight to Walker, which I'm pretty sure cancels out Walker being offside (which he was).

Hide contents

image.png.325db97b2a656175e7bf64ba4e66a2e8.png

image.png.f6940f1fe24e5c0aee578a716ab2e8b5.png

image.png.586c659296ee77d790b6d1bb480e3bec.png

That doesn't cancel the offside though.

From FIFA laws of the game, law 11, section 2:

2. Offside offence

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by

• gaining an advantage by playing the ball or interfering with an opponent

when it has:

• rebounded or been deflected off the goalpost, crossbar, match official or an opponent
  • been deliberately saved by any opponent

A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball, including by deliberate handball, is not considered to have gained an advantage, unless it was a deliberate save by any opponent (my emphasis).

A "save" is when a player stops, or attempts to stop, a ball which is going into or very close to the goal with any part of the body except the hands/arms (unless the goalkeeper within the penalty area).

The one time a ball being played by an opponent doesn't cancel the offside is if a shot on goal is saved by an opposing player - typically, but not necessarily, by the goalkeeper. Fontaine definitely has made a save there and if Walker was offside when the original shot was played (I can't tell from the footage), the goal should be offside.

Edited by Aim Here