The East Fifers Vs The Bogstandard Bairns

Actually took me until now to find out you had employed Stevie Crawford as manager. Really nice bloke, had the pleasure of meeting him when he was the Falkirk assistant manager under Pressley so I hope he does well(after Saturday of course)

Should hopefully be our first viewing of how Rennie wants us to play, covid test dependant. He'll only have a couple of training sessions before Saturday so I'm not expecting miracles but hopefully he can get more out of our squad than Sheerin did. 

I think it's crucial that we have Dixon back for this. No matter what form he's in, we simply can't afford to have a McKay/Hall/Lemon combo at the back. Personally I'd go with a back three of Miller, Dixon and Lemon. Lemon would get more help from Dixon than he did when playing beside Hall and Miller may just prove to be marginally better than Hall or McKay in a 3.

Getting a better right sided CD in in January remains a priority however.

5 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I think it's crucial that we have Dixon back for this. No matter what form he's in, we simply can't afford to have a McKay/Hall/Lemon combo at the back. Personally I'd go with a back three of Miller, Dixon and Lemon. Lemon would get more help from Dixon than he did when playing beside Hall and Miller may just prove to be marginally better than Hall or McKay in a 3.

Getting a better right sided CD in in January remains a priority however.

BPM said Dixon needs surgery on his wrist so no idea how long he'll be out for, on that basis the 3 at the back gives me the fear as at least two of Miller/Mckay/Hall would be playing.

Was Hetherington suspended against Cove or just left out completely? 

Rennie's only got two days to have a look at them in person so it'll be very interesting to see the team and formation he goes with. 

Martin
Williamson Hall Lemon Mccann
Krasniqi
Morrison Weekes
Telfer
Keena Ruth

15 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

BPM said Dixon needs surgery on his wrist so no idea how long he'll be out for, on that basis the 3 at the back gives me the fear as at least two of Miller/Mckay/Hall would be playing.

Was Hetherington suspended against Cove or just left out completely? 

Rennie's only got two days to have a look at them in person so it'll be very interesting to see the team and formation he goes with. 

Martin
Williamson Hall Lemon Mccann
Krasniqi
Morrison Weekes
Telfer
Keena Ruth

I'm not sure that's why Dixon was missing though. He's been playing with his wrist bandaged all season so, hopefully, it's not any worse and he'll be available?

Either way, I'd still play a back 3 as Hall and Lemon showed us V QP that they'll leak goals if played together in a 2. I'd play Miller, Hall and Lemon if Dixon's out.

On 14/12/2021 at 16:02, FFC 1876 said:

Actually took me until now to find out you had employed Stevie Crawford as manager. Really nice bloke, had the pleasure of meeting him when he was the Falkirk assistant manager under Pressley so I hope he does well(after Saturday of course)

Should hopefully be our first viewing of how Rennie wants us to play, covid test dependant. He'll only have a couple of training sessions before Saturday so I'm not expecting miracles but hopefully he can get more out of our squad than Sheerin did. 

His near to tears love in towards Pressley speech at the fans meeting at the park hotel was the cringiest thing I've ever seen, Elvis wasn't there.

Pre to that I thought he was doing an aok job, sure he was no3 with McFarlane I think his No2.

I've not looked at Falkirk thread since the Rennie interview (guessing the sticking up for Holt will get some stick) but I'm looking forward to seeing us in action albeit two days work.

As I said previously, patience will be needed with board and management, I'm hopeful an instant improvement will shine through but won't be throwing toys out the pram.

Surely Rennie will be thinking a new captain is needed. But from that lot I genuinely dunno who it should be. If Dixon is fit he’s really the only leader in the team. Miller would be better than Hetherington of course but we’ve been there before. Rest of the squad don’t seem to have mentality for being captain....maybe Rennie can get something out of one of them and step up.

Hey he may even be able to get Hetherington to kick his arse into gear. Been a complete let down compared to what Alloa fans said we’d be getting. 

2 hours ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

Only a fool would predict this one. Can Rennie/Miller polish a turd in 48 hours? Will we see the new manager bounce? Will we see the usual meek crap with no defence no attack and a powder puff midfield?

Yes we will I mean the latter. We are dugmeat and Rennie will know at quarter to five that this is a shiteshow and he has if he didn't already know it's beyond redemption in six months.

Yes we will I mean the latter. We are dugmeat and Rennie will know at quarter to five that this is a shiteshow and he has if he didn't already know it's beyond redemption in six months.
Still feel that Williamson ( if fit) McCann,Nesbit Telfer and Morrison are good players if played properly. We are in desperate need of a player who can score goals and a player who can organise the centre of defence. Motivation is the biggest problem and perhaps Rennie can ignite that in the players

5 hours ago, Bigbri Bairn said:
8 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Still feel that Williamson ( if fit) McCann,Nesbit Telfer and Morrison are good players if played properly. We are in desperate need of a player who can score goals and a player who can organise the centre of defence. Motivation is the biggest problem and perhaps Rennie can ignite that in the players

Some tactics would help too. Sheerin was accepting of take the ball, find a Falkirk shirt, and thats your job done. No actual coherent plan to go down the wings, or to go over the top, or to try and play through the middle..... Just nothing. Also, like I said last week after the Cove game... How many times must Paddy Martin roll the ball to Ben Hall for him to lose it before we realise we need to have drills for keeper with ball in hand/at his feet. These are all things that Rennie can fix with the personnel he has, even if they are not the ones he wants going forward. 

We are a disjointed team in possession and we are soft as shite out of possession. These things are down to the tactics and set up, as we have seen "less talented" teams stand up to us and bully us through organisation and controlled aggression. 

Looking at the weather forecast for today and looking out my window. Does anyone think todays game is in doubt due to heavy fog? I know the park it’s right on the waters edge.

Maybe some of the EF fans will let us know the current state in foggy or fogless Methil?