Sons vs Blue Toon

1 hour ago, microdave said:

How many needless goals will Sons concede this week?

How many players will Scott Lambie send off?

Discuss.

None.  The game will not go ahead as our groundsman yesterday unearthed a hoard of Roman coins under the centre spot and the pitch is now off limits for at least six months, pending extensive excavations.

If anyone has any other ideas to avoid relegation then please feel free, etc.,

Decent officials in this league are rarer than hens teeth, quite often they go above & beyond and annoy both teams & supporters 🙄. Will have to wait and see who we have available but really need to find a win from somewhere. Poor last week & should have seen Clyde off easily the week before but not getting it done just now. Think i saw this is pay at the gate, is that correct?

Edited by peternapper

5 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Decent officials in this league are rarer than hens teeth, quite often they go above & beyond and annoy both teams & supporters 🙄. Will have to wait and see who we have available but really need to find a win from somewhere. Poor last week & should have seen Clyde off easily the week before but not getting it done just now. Think i saw this is pay at the gate, is that correct?

It's been patg all season and I can't see Saturday being any different. It's also a cash only gate.

8 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Aye pay at the gate with cash. No card payment available on entry.

It's December and I've no idea what our strongest team is. Which might go some way to explaining why we're in the situation that we are.

Quite honestly I couldn't care which 11 players Faz chucks on the park. As long as they win. I'm hoping we won't see Geggan back in defence, but injuries mean that it's quite likely. The same goes for Boyle and Buchanan who, if we had the personnel, would be dropped. 

Throw Chucky McLean on from the start and try and outscore Peterhead. Because there's no way we'll be able to keep it tight for 90 minutes and nick a 1-0.

At least if the football is shite you can grab yourself a tartan handbag, teddy bear, a cosmopolitan or some baby gifts at the Christmas market. Hopefully your not too tired from the ladies lunch day or Abba tribute night to participate.

Has someone changed our main demographic since covid hit or are we just home to the most fabulous fans in Scotland?

Preview is now up...and it features some fantastic news.
There has been a change of referee for tomorrow's game. Mike Roncone is now the man in charge, replacing Scott Lambie, and will be assisted by David Doig and Kevin McElhinney.
Isn't Roncone the ref that prompted Dick Campbell's hilarious pitch invasion a few years back at Somerset? An upgrade, but maybe not by much.

1 minute ago, lionel wickson said:

Isn't Roncone the ref that prompted Dick Campbell's hilarious pitch invasion a few years back at Somerset? An upgrade, but maybe not by much.

He's the one who wouldn't let us have water breaks at Firhill in July. I know that much. We've never won with him in charge either.

But he isn't Scott Lambie. Which is the main thing. 

Have found if you expect nothing from todays referees there is a good chance thats what you will get. Funnily enough a few years back noticed at one of our games down there a certain Mr Tiny Wharton sitting up the back of the stand, not sure if he is local or was there through the SFA he got some respect in his days in charge

On 16/12/2021 at 13:39, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

At least if the football is shite you can grab yourself a tartan handbag, teddy bear, a cosmopolitan or some baby gifts at the Christmas market. Hopefully your not too tired from the ladies lunch day or Abba tribute night to participate.

Has someone changed our main demographic since covid hit or are we just home to the most fabulous fans in Scotland?

Dumbarton fans will literally moan and complain about everything.

12 hours ago, the snudge said:

I've got a season ticket, if I go to the stadium tomorrow and get a season ticket for my daughter, do you think that's something the club can do on the day?

Don't see why not. I'd maybe hold off two weeks though, every chance Sturgeon gets a bit of cash and shuts our lives down again.