Binos new Gaffer

A solid appointment for Stirling. Did a good job at Albion Rovers- the only thing I will say is he bailed on Rovers when the money ran out and it looks as if his luck ran out at EF when the well ran dry there too. I’m not sure what the financial outlook is for Stirling in the future but they certainly appear to have an expensively assembled squad (for L2 standards that is). A two and half year deal too - fair play to Dazza’s agent.

It’s the appointment I was keeping my fingers crossed for, out of all the candidates I could realistically think of and,Albion Rovers fans, would I be right in thinking he set his teams out to attack?

Well done to the board, let’s hope we’ve finally found the answer!

33 minutes ago, Vodka Vic said:

A solid appointment for Stirling. Did a good job at Albion Rovers- the only thing I will say is he bailed on Rovers when the money ran out and it looks as if his luck ran out at EF when the well ran dry there too. I’m not sure what the financial outlook is for Stirling in the future but they certainly appear to have an expensively assembled squad (for L2 standards that is). A two and half year deal too - fair play to Dazza’s agent.

A two and a half year deal?  Haven't seen that anywhere.   Seems a bit generous and potentially dumb given our history of managerial appointments.  Good luck to him though.  Will be interesting to see if he can get a tune out of some of our better players who have been seriously underperforming for quite some time.

17 hours ago, Vodka Vic said:

Seemingly he had 3 good seasons at EF, then 1 bad. 
 How long did his good period last at AR?

42 minutes ago, Dumb yatt said:

Actually had 4 good seasons with EF. This season,  an utter shambles of a season .Started with players walking out on the club for other careers before the season had even started , followed by various long term injuries to key players . As others have said,, the BOD had to act.

1 hour ago, Dumb yatt said:

Had 3 seasons at Cliftonhill , got us promoted as Champions and kept us up in L2 tbf with a very decent bash at getting near the playoffs. He left in 2017 after being offered a reduced contract and reduced playing budget as Rovers neared the financial precipice (again).