P&B Poster Appreciation Thread

Marshmallo

It's not been the best of years again in 2021 so I thought it might be nice to make a thread to give a shout out to posters you enjoy reading on The Forum. Post as many as you fancy and feel free to come back when you see examples of good posting across the site.

@TheScarf - knows his stuff on football and I like his humour/recurring jokes

@Barry Ferguson's Hat - possibly the funniest poster on here

@CoveRangers1922 - ploughs a lone furrow in the Cove threads much of the time but he is tremendously even handed and has a strong knowledge of every team in the league. I think most of us use P&B to get more of an insight into Scottish football and CoveRangers1922 does us a service in League One.

@accies1874 - a very good poster in the TA forum. It can be a strange place between games but accies1874 is always well balanced and fair.

@HibeeJibee - I enjoy sitting with a cup of tea and middling hangover reading the EoS results and tables of a Sunday morning

@Jan Vojáček - the best football poster in League One IMO. Very insightful and detailed. Best stream commentator in the division too for my money.

@Craig the Hunter - some man for the drink

@oneteaminglasgow - that FM thread - mamma mia!

Loads of people in the pyramid threads are great too but it'd be unfair to single them out cause I can guarantee I'd miss someone.

Edited by Marshmallo

Cheers @Marshmallo 

Wholeheartedly agree with @Jan Vojáček who is a class act and it's a joy to read his posts; a wordsmith on paper and top notch  commentator. Fellow Son @The Moonster is always on the button with his opinions.

Warrior fan @Francesc Fabregas  is very insightful. One of the best.

Having never reached the dizzy heights of the Championship my knowledge of the particular posters in that division or above is more limited but lots of quality reading all throughout the forums 

Edited by CoveRangers1922

@Kima Greggs, @craigkillie and @The Moonster are top posters wherever they pop up, imo. I also particularly enjoy the postings of @NotThePars, @Genuine Hibs Fan and @renton on the politics forums. 

Edit: and @J_Stewart as well. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

Appreciate the appreciation from @oneteaminglasgow and @CoveRangers1922 who I very much enjoy the postings of. Hard to have these threads and not mention @Dunning1874 who continues to waltz gracefully across these boards. I have enjoyed @Genuine Hibs Fan and @NotThePars on the various hard hitting subjects of the year in this section of the forum. I will be sure to take the OP's advice and return when I see other examples of good posting. 

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

@Kima Greggs, @craigkillie and @The Moonster are top posters wherever they pop up, imo. I also particularly enjoy the postings of @NotThePars, @Genuine Hibs Fan and @renton on the politics forums. 

@J_Stewart babysitter when he was a kid is now a solid 4/10 but most posters wid still wid.

I quite enjoy reading  @Shandon Par's tales of self harm but it's even better when he tells us about Renton.

4 hours ago, RH33 said:

@J_Stewart babysitter when he was a kid is now a solid 4/10 but most posters wid still wid.

Which ones widdent? Name and shame.

Edited by Shotgun

2 hours ago, AmericanFan said:

You mentioned Rangers and not Celtic mate. This is Scotland. Such behaviour is not allowed. You now have to name 4, no more and no less, Celtic supporters whose contributions you admire. Or just about put up with. 

12 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

10 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Appreciate the appreciation from @oneteaminglasgow and @CoveRangers1922 who I very much enjoy the postings of. Hard to have these threads and not mention @Dunning1874 who continues to waltz gracefully across these boards. I have enjoyed @Genuine Hibs Fan and @NotThePars on the various hard hitting subjects of the year in this section of the forum. I will be sure to take the OP's advice and return when I see other examples of good posting. 

Thanks very much both. You are also top top posters

7 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Whats mixu fixu posting as now?

He was Takfam I think but he's properly left sadly

@Barry Ferguson's Hat is probably my favourite poster. Fuckin hilarious.

@Gordopolis is great for some levity in the TA threads and I generally enjoy @Monkey Tennis and his droll crabbit b*****dry ☺️

@KnightswoodVanBear is sound as the soundest of pounds. 

@Jacksgrandaand @Sergeant Wilson(baffling intolerance of Nordic skiing aside) are both very funny and profoundly decent posters 

Honourable mentions to @oneteaminglasgow, @The_Kincardine, @Dons_1988and @Busta Nut(and his missus for providing the majority of the material).

E.T.A completely forgot about @virginton and @oaksoft for being just the right type of outrageous. What energy these lads have. @ICTChris (have any P and B-ers ever started quite so many fun and stimulating threads?), @RandomGuy. and @Aim Here for services to unapologetic geekery, @BingMcCrosby who can go off the deep end now and again, but has his heart very firmly in the right place.

@Bonksy+HisChristianParade and @Marshmallo for all the riddies. It genuinely brings a wee smile to my face.

f**k man, I love this place.

Namaste cuntos.

Edited by velo army

The site is full of good c***s. Even some of the pantomime villains of the piece are very decent and show that in some of the more serious threads in the GN forum. 

I’ve had a few posters reach out privately to me over the years to try and help with problems that have nothing to do with them. An underrated quality of the site and much appreciated by me. 

This poster appreciates every single one of you: the humble lurker, the Juniors squabbling online and offline, every alias that just couldn’t quit, the dearly departed who couldn’t hack it, every poster who dreams of posting their way into the daily top ten, all the boys who gave themselves brain worms on the Covid thread, and everyone else besides.

Special shout out to Slippery P and Big Doddy Kane though for all the tunes they’ve shared over the year