The Inverness v Hamilton, 18th December

The earlier fixture when we lost 2 - 1 to a 10 man Hamilton was arguably one of our worst performances of the season. Laughably bad defending and then an hour with an extra man yet we still looked inferior to the home side.

However, coming off a spanking of Morton where we scored 6 goals I am feeling pretty confident ahead of this one.

Caley Thistle 1 - 2 Hamilton Accies. 

JP & the Accies fans on the Vaults bus are treating this as their Xmas day out so the result will be secondary to them being in the pub before the game & stopping in Aviemore for a chippy on the way home - fair play to them for going up!!!

Myself I can't see us getting a result here, ICT will want revenge for the 2-1 loss at NDP to a 10-man Accies earlier in the season & are smack bang in form at the top of the league - I'd say at least 2-0 to Caley IMO

I can't justify the time/money for this one so it'll be going out for a walk in the cold (but hopefully dry looking at the forecast) listening to Open All Mics for me.

Inverness are still the best team I've seen this season so it'll be interesting seeing how we deal with them again.

Mimnaugh did not deal with Inverness' pressing well at all in October but he'll start anyway so we just need to hope he's learned his lesson. It'll probably end up being the same midfield that played in that game with Martin out but it seems horribly imbalanced to me. Right-back will continue to be a problem position no matter who we put there too.

Disgraceful last 20 minutes or so from us and you have to say Hamilton deserved it. You'd be as well copying and lasting everything fans have said in so many match threads this season about how we seem to get nervous and retreat into our own half after going ahead.

Instead of trying to kick on and kill the game off we seemed to sit back and stand off Accies who suddenly decided, after a pretty non existent performance in the second half, to have a go at us and we totally collapsed.

As mentioned above you could see the Hamilton goals coming a mile off yet we still looked stunned and unable to react to what was going on. Dodds looked totally bamboozled on the sidelines and unwilling to change anything until it was too late.

Sigh...

I was seriously considering just staying at home this morning but the last 15 minutes were worth the 3 hours driving home in the fog.

We were horrendous until Winter came on which seemed to sparked the team into life. That's now the Dunfermline and Inverness games where we've actually scored during the most dominant spell - not doing so was a big problem earlier in the season and cost us points.