Staggies v Celtic, 15th December 2021

34 minutes ago, G51 said:

No, you don’t understand. Only Rangers and Celtic fans are sectarian. These problems don’t exist in the rest of Scottish football.

I worked with a Motherwell fan years ago who used to be in the Orange Order but was disgusted that their songs were sung at Ibrox. A very strange mentality that you could be bigoted but only in approved Lodges or Queens highways.

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I worked with a Motherwell fan years ago who used to be in the Orange Order but was disgusted that their songs were sung at Ibrox. A very strange mentality that you could be bigoted but only in approved Lodges or Queens highways.

One of my best mates is a thistle/Chelsea fan and in a loyalist flute band, over in Belfast couple of times a year. Has the same attitude, he despises the **** as much as anyone. Prob cause everyone assumes he is one. 

2 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

Hiring Racists breeds this kind of behaviour. Unacceptable and hefty bans should be given out.

Bang on the money. If bigotry is tolerated from the manager then of course knuckle dragging dipshits among the fans are going to think it's acceptable behaviour.

46 minutes ago, Merkincher Clach & County said:

No defence here, no excuses.

The sectarian comments made towards Celtic players should not be tolerated.

If your team gets beat, it has to be accepted , don't start shouting sectarian abuse just for the sake of it.

Ah, but according to some, Ross County aren’t their team…

Absolute fucking neanderthal behaviour.

Considering it has come from an area of the ground that has been recently praised for creating an atmosphere that has been sorely lacking at GES for a while, this is bitterly disappointing. 

Dont think it's any secret there is a staunch element to the County support, but this shite can f**k off back down to Glasgow.

3 minutes ago, central staggie said:

Dont think it's any secret there is a staunch element to the County support, but this shite can f**k off back down to Glasgow.

If a section of your fans are dishing out anti catholic abuse, then it’s not a “Glasgow problem”

Just now, central staggie said:

Are you disputing that the vast, vast majority of sectarian singing at football games in Scotland hasn't stemmed from Glasgow?

I don’t see him disputing that however we need to dispel the myth that it’s exclusive to Glasgow or Celtic and Rangers.

Just now, central staggie said:

Are you disputing that the vast, vast majority of sectarian singing at football games in Scotland hasn't stemmed from Glasgow?

Really…. This is going to be your argument?

Send your local bigots down to Glasgow (You know where the majority of Catholics live) to abuse Catholics rather than tackle the issue which is clearly a Scottish one and not a regional one.

Either that or you don’t really see it as a problem but you just rather not have it on your own doorstep 

Im not having a go at Ross County here or the Highlands in general but far too many people love to pretend this isn’t a problem outwith the west coast.

11 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I don’t see him disputing that however we need to dispel the myth that it’s exclusive to Glasgow or Celtic and Rangers.

I never said it was exclusive to anywhere. I said in relation to football in Scotland, the majority of sectarian singing is from Rangers or Celtic fans - two Glasgow clubs.

10 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Really…. This is going to be your argument?

Send your local bigots down to Glasgow (You know where the majority of Catholics live) to abuse Catholics rather than tackle the issue which is clearly a Scottish one and not a regional one.

Either that or you don’t really see it as a problem but you just rather not have it on your own doorstep 

Im not having a go at Ross County here or the Highlands in general but far too many people love to pretend this isn’t a problem outwith the west coast.

A couple of points;

1. I don't live in the Highlands.

2. I'm not sure if you're suggesting I'm turning a blind eye to people 'abusing Catholics' because as someone who grew up in a Catholic family, I'd find that quite offensive.

In my opinion the majority of sectarian singing in scottish football stems from 2 particular Glasgow clubs. That said, sectarianism from anyone, regardless of the club they support, is moronic behaviour.

7 hours ago, Comrie said:

That video is grim. Some definite Dingwall accents in there.

Name, shame and ban. A pity as the Young Team were making some much needed atmosphere in the Jailend.

It's probably the same thing that you get at Rugby Park. When Rangers are playing its "ya dobs" and when celtic are playing the same folk are giving it " ya dfbs".

7 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Quoted by mistake.