Staggies v Celtic, 15th December 2021

In the context of this season that goal is massive, absolutely massive especially considering the 3 points looked to be gone after the red card.

And it’s football isn’t it? It’s the only time when we get to lose ourselves a little so folk whining about fans celebrating and a few spilling onto the park need to wind their neck in a bit.

Edited by Jinky67

Not sure what he said, but a booking seemed harsh since he took a sore one.

Not convinced it is an elbow though, I think Starfelt has jumped into it more than anything. Accidental, in my opinion.

I think it's a harsh penalty if given, although i have lost track of the actual rules these days for handball.

This conspiracy theory that consumes Celtic fans and board members minds alike needs to stop. Any supporter who goes to go to a game awaiting any sort of controversial decision so that they can cry conspiracy must be a terrible existence. Referees are hopeless up here but there is no alternative and when you get VAR allowing penalties like the Leicester one at the weekend it shows how hopeless a system that is too. 

I've seen on twitter Celtic fans trudging up the video of the Inverness handball in the Scottish Cup semi final pointing out that Alan Muir was behind the goal and failed to spot the handball. I would imagine that would be because he couldn't see through Meekings' head. The referee on that day was to blame for that, and Celtic's inability to prevent 3 Inverness goals. I've yet to see Celtic fans bringing up many a controversial decision they've benefited from, funny that or maybe there is something more sinister. 

7 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

I've yet to see Celtic fans bringing up many a controversial decision they've benefited from, funny that or maybe there is something more sinister. 

Football fans are fickle.  You moan about all the decisions that go against you and ignore the ones that go for you.

14 minutes ago, Chonky said:

Not sure what he said, but a booking seemed harsh since he took a sore one.

Not convinced it is an elbow though, I think Starfelt has jumped into it more than anything. Accidental, in my opinion.

I think it's a harsh penalty if given, although i have lost track of the actual rules these days for handball.

From what I could see, and I was in line with it, the referee told him to go off for treatment, it was a nose bleed as far  as I could see, and he refused, forcing the game to be held up. In my experience it is standard practice for the ref to require someone in that position to go off. He was obviously upset that a foul wasn’t given and reacted badly, his own fault imo.

10 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

This conspiracy theory that consumes Celtic fans and board members minds alike needs to stop. Any supporter who goes to go to a game awaiting any sort of controversial decision so that they can cry conspiracy must be a terrible existence. Referees are hopeless up here but there is no alternative and when you get VAR allowing penalties like the Leicester one at the weekend it shows how hopeless a system that is too. 

I've seen on twitter Celtic fans trudging up the video of the Inverness handball in the Scottish Cup semi final pointing out that Alan Muir was behind the goal and failed to spot the handball. I would imagine that would be because he couldn't see through Meekings' head. The referee on that day was to blame for that, and Celtic's inability to prevent 3 Inverness goals. I've yet to see Celtic fans bringing up many a controversial decision they've benefited from, funny that or maybe there is something more sinister. 

Get well soon mate 

1 hour ago, buddie06smfc said:

I saw that Alan Muir chat this morning and accidentally wandered into Celtic twitter.

Man, that is a dark, dark place. 😥

Edit: not quite as harrowing as union jack twitter, but it's close.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

4 minutes ago, Staggie52 said:

From what I could see, and I was in line with it, the referee told him to go off for treatment, it was a nose bleed as far  as I could see, and he refused, forcing the game to be held up. In my experience it is standard practice for the ref to require someone in that position to go off. He was obviously upset that a foul wasn’t given and reacted badly, his own fault imo.

Even Hart told him to wind his neck in and gave him a sly kick. Must’ve had a a few choice words for the ref. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Basically, I do yes. Its something that has been ramped up by both cheeks, immediately after the new club got back to the top table, so aye, thats precisely what I think.

Yeah, that’s says a lot more about you than anyone else if you genuinely believe that 

18 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

You say that as if people on here don’t accuse referees of cheating in favour of Celtic. 

Someone in this very thread has already done it 

Celtic Twitter isn’t really a thing, I wouldn’t worry about it too much

I know I don’t 

6 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

You say that as if people on here don’t accuse referees of cheating in favour of Celtic. 

Someone in this very thread has already done it 

Celtic Twitter isn’t really a thing, I wouldn’t worry about it too much

I know I don’t 

Many do & I have also claimed that Celtic have benefited from favourable decisions in games against Saints. I think cheating is perhaps a bit strong, I wasn't looking to go down the James Dornan route. The conspiracy thing has only really come about since the downturn in fortunes for Celtic, coincidence I'm sure.

The difference is most fans recognise it was a shite decision and move on, Celtic fans seem to being going to games in the hope they are subject to a controversial decision so they can add it to their tally. Then discuss times a referee hasn't given a booking at their AGM. 

23 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Yeah, that’s says a lot more about you than anyone else if you genuinely believe that 

Dont think it says anything at all about me m8. Its just a lifetime of observing that for fans of the ugly sisters, what the other one is doing is every bit as important as what their own club is doing, and it always will be thus. 

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

You do realise that county, while playing at home and against 10 men, could’ve scored in those 6 mins of added time. 

I believe I covered this in my previous post about anti-Highland sentiment. Thank you.

55 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Dont think it says anything at all about me m8. Its just a lifetime of observing that for fans of the ugly sisters, what the other one is doing is every bit as important as what their own club is doing, and it always will be thus. 

Celtic fans try the “Sevco” patter and say there’s no longer an Old Firm but that effect is ruined by being utterly and completely obsessed with the Zombies at Ibrox.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

Even Hart told him to wind his neck in and gave him a sly kick. Must’ve had a a few choice words for the ref. 

Exactly what I was going to post. 

As far as the referee favouring Celtic. Why didn’t he award the penalty for handball. For me it’s not a Pen but it offered an easy opportunity to an official desperate to help out Celtic. 

Malky McKay using the referee as a get out for his team not being able to defend cross balls is far worse than anything that crackpot Dornan says.