**The Official P&B Christmas 2021 Thread**

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Will you change your user name, you're obviously not that fussed about Hibs?

Quite looking forward to watching games at 5 in the morning, get the disappointment out of the way early and enjoy the rest of the weekend. I will be becoming Genuine Portland Timbers Fan however 

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

7 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Hope you all had a good day. 

The wife and I had a conversation - next year we are having a Chinese takeaway for Christmas Dinner. One of those things where we each thought the other wanted the traditional one. 

I don't know how they conned us into thinking turkey was anything more than ordinary and a bit bland, maybe an American import re Thanksgiving? 

11 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Quite looking forward to watching games at 5 in the morning, get the disappointment out of the way early and enjoy the rest of the weekend. I will be becoming Genuine Portland Timbers Fan however 

You'll be able to wear all your green and white tat.

2 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

One of their games was on FreeSports the other week and I kept doing double takes as I was watching it

Portland Timbers, Thorns FC help raise over $46,000 for Eagle Creek  fire-response efforts | PTFC

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I don't know how they conned us into thinking turkey was anything more than ordinary and a bit bland, maybe an American import re Thanksgiving? 

Kinda. William Strickland brought them over to England in 1526. He got them from what we now call Native Americans. There's a really cool church in his home town that has lots of wee turkeys carved in various parts of the church. I watched a smashing programme on British Christmas traditions with Ellie Harrison (🥰) the other day.

I'm currently savouring this being probably the only Sunday in the year that doesn't feel like a Sunday.

Even pre-holiday Sundays the rest of the year still feel like Sundays. 

I suppose what helped today was the TV football being more or less like a Saturday.