**The Official P&B Christmas 2021 Thread**

My mum and dad both believed in Santa so I pretended to so as not to spoil it for them. 

Christmas au château de fusil de chasse gets quieter each year and there's no indication that this year will buck the trend. Mrs Shotgun got herself something expensive a couple of months ago and we agreed at the time, that would be her Christmas. I'll pick up a few bits and bobs but nothing major. We've learned over the years that we tend to waste too much turkey when we have it so have traditionally had a baked ham. Last year though, we left it too late to reserve one from the healthy eating place so we had shepherd's pie instead. And it was terrific so I think that was the start of a family tradition.

As for films, most of them make me want to stick my fingers down my throat but there have been some good shouts upthread. "A Christmas Story" is my personal favourite and I've watched it every Christmas Eve since about 1998. Mrs Shotgun gigglesnorts her way through "Christmas Vacation" at least once each year and as I enjoy laughing at her laughing at it, it's tolerable. 

13 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

I will likely spen almost all of Christmas Day on my own, apart from a 2 hour opening presents thing at my oldest stepdaughter’s.

They all go to grandma’s for dinner (my ex MIL) and since she hates me I’m not invited.

Happy Birthday/Merry Christmas me emoji849.png

That's poor f*cking show, that is. What did you do to deserve the enmity of this old boot ?

Does she qualify for The Dead Pool ?

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

Had a pigs in blankets with turkey, stuffing, cranberry and gravy wrap from Jo's in Grangemouth and it was amazing. I'm going to the inlaws this year and my parents coming to mine on boxing day. Hopefully illness free on Christmas day as been ill for months now, cant wait

I've tried a few festive foods over the last couple of weeks. The Greggs Festive Bake and M&S's Turkey Feast sandwich were not for me, but I did enjoy a brie and cranberry sandwich and my first ever mince pie as well as a world class vegan stuffing baguette (I don't know what was in it either) from a cafe occupied by Roy Hodgson.
Tesco Turkey Feast sandwiches are pretty decent.

I turned 30 this year and have no children. My mum and dad asked me what I wanted for Christmas. Asked for a polo top, couple of beers and a new scarf for the football.

She’s told me it’s simply not enough and is asking what else I’m wanting.

Is there an age where your mum stops spending money unnecessarily on you for Christmas, or does it always continue?

Are you watching Christmas movies ? Haven't watched any yet but I will before the big day arrives.

What's your favourite ? Die Hard

Is Die Hard a Christmas movie ? Of course it is.

What are you giving ? My daughter wants a pair of trainers and nieces/nephews have got stuff ranging from doll accessories, books, games and Doctor who t-shirts.

What are you hoping to receive ? I don't need/want anything. 

Are you spoiling your partner/family/kids/grandkids ? No.

What are you having for dinner ? I'm seriously considering having pizza or a microwaveable curry.

Where are you having dinner ? Who's invited ? I'll be having dinner with my mother. She'll drone on about scottish independence(it's her only subject) and not allow any music/telly until call the feckin midwife comes on. That's what it's been like since about 2015 and I don't expect it to be any different this year.

Are you visiting a shan Christmas market and buying an overpriced mulled wine ? I was at the Edinburgh one a few weeks ago with my daughter and her girlfriend. We had to go in November since work commitments mean I won't see them again until after Christmas.

I'm working Christmas day again this year. I'm skint right now so not seeing the family is a bit of a relief as I can't afford presents. So I'm actually happy to be working. 

I've been wanting to volunteer with a homeless charity for years, so I'll get in touch with the few here to see what they need as I finish at 3 on Xmas day. I'm actually excited about that tbh.

Aberdeen looks bonnie and festive right now and town is jumping most days. A nice contrast with last year's doldrums.

3 hours ago, mizfit said:

I turned 30 this year and have no children. My mum and dad asked me what I wanted for Christmas. Asked for a polo top, couple of beers and a new scarf for the football.

Is there an age where your mum stops spending money unnecessarily on you for Christmas, or does it always continue?

Nah, that does carry on. I'm 38 next week and my mum does the same.

3 hours ago, mizfit said:

Yes. As soon as you have kids you'll be lucky to get a pair of socks whilst all the money that used to be spent on you is used to buy the love of your spawn instead.

Christmas well and truly up and running here. Back from a few days away in Edinburgh, Xmas Market less crowded but still as crap as before. Highlight was the patisserie in Victoria St for coffee and cakes.

Now the tree and decorations are up, Xmas music belting out with Nick Lowe's Christmas at the Airport running close to Brian Culbertson's album A Soulful Christmas for most played in between (her) watching Xmas films, although tbf I enjoyed the film Last Christmas but nothing beats It's a Wonderful Life.

Looking forward to a Xmas dinner and a great bottle of wine. Christmas - love it! Merry Christmas, everybody.

On 12/12/2021 at 14:48, Kima Greggs said:

8a544ac28537032394b4da14863d68fe.gif.eb1ab6e82b3408e0961f17b84b43c6e9.gif

Less than 2 weeks to go. It's been another crap year because of the virus, so leave all negativity at the door and enjoy a nice thread to celebrate the season of goodwill to all.

Are you watching Christmas movies ? No, we are planning to watch Get Back and rewatch the Trip and Succession and any films we fancy. I've never seen most "Christmas" films

What's your favourite ? See above Is Die Hard a Christmas movie ? Yes, it's the only one I've seen

What are you giving ? Stocking for my fiance, main one being some earrings she fancies for the wedding, got the matching necklace for her Masters' graduation (was meant to be tomorrow, cancelled). Mainly consumables  for the family

What are you hoping to receive ? The jumper my mum's knitting me

Are you spoiling your partner/family? I always spoil them

What are you having for dinner ? Pork Chop

Where are you having dinner ? Going out for the first time to a restaurant in Leith Who's invited ? Me, fiance, brother, parents. Her parents were meant to fly over but her dad needs a stent put in or a bypass so that will be a fun Christmas surprise

Are you visiting a shan Christmas market and buying an overpriced mulled wine ? Not if I can avoid it

What's your favourite Christmas tune ? Post it here. Not even a competition

Merry Christmas xx

9 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Just watched the Father Ted Christmas special, probably my favourite 

NO CLUES!!!

This could be a thread all on its own. Sitcom Christmas specials. The Fr Ted one might be the best Christmas special of any sitcom. Only Fools and Horses would give it a run for its money though.