**The Official P&B Christmas 2021 Thread**

8a544ac28537032394b4da14863d68fe.gif.eb1ab6e82b3408e0961f17b84b43c6e9.gif

Less than 2 weeks to go. It's been another crap year because of the virus, so leave all negativity at the door and enjoy a nice thread to celebrate the season of goodwill to all.

Are you watching Christmas movies ?

What's your favourite ? Is Die Hard a Christmas movie ?

What are you giving ?

What are you hoping to receive ?

Are you spoiling your partner/family/kids/grandkids ?

What are you having for dinner ?

Where are you having dinner ? Who's invited ?

Are you visiting a shan Christmas market and buying an overpriced mulled wine ?

What's your favourite Christmas tune ? Post it here.

Haters will say that these days they throw you in jail, just for saying Merry Christmas.

Not in this thread.

Fairytale in New York has been making me happy and giving me Christmas feels since Primary School Christmas discos. No reason for that to change now.

Had the kids at Santas grotto lastnight in the middle of some woods. It had me reminiscing about a time when I believed and it must have been truly magical for them.

Wifes getting earrings, im getting equipment concerned with the production of alcohol.

Mon the Christmas!!!!

This is going to be a weird Christmas for me. My fiancé is working Christmas Day and Boxing Day for the first time.

However, that’s means outside of St. Johnstone Disappointing me for 90 minutes on Boxing Day I can spend the day drinking cans and enjoying football.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Had the kids at Santas grotto lastnight in the middle of some woods. It had me reminiscing about a time when I believed and it must have been truly magical for them.

Was that the thing at Roughcastle? Seems to be the popular choice with nearly all my colleagues who have younger kids this year.

I'm not sure either what I'm getting or what I'm getting anyone else at the moment. OH asked me a few weeks ago what I wanted but nothing sprung to mind. Of course I thought of something practical that I quite fancy but apparently my Christmas has already been bought. Not sure if anyone on P&B maybe fancies buying me a wee colour ink jet printer so that I can print off classroom displays, cupboard labels and posters?

My parents asked if I wanted a half season ticket for TFS which is a thoroughly depressing thought.

The wean's finally reached the age where he doesn't give a toss about Christmas or presents, so I've a feeling this'll be the first year since my late teens where I've no reason to give a single shiny shit.

Planning to eat myself to oblivion, then spend a week punishing myself with gruelling exercise.

Edit: Marry Christmas to all you caaaants, though.

Edited by BFTD

37 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Was that the thing at Roughcastle? Seems to be the popular choice with nearly all my colleagues who have younger kids this year.

I'm not sure either what I'm getting or what I'm getting anyone else at the moment. OH asked me a few weeks ago what I wanted but nothing sprung to mind. Of course I thought of something practical that I quite fancy but apparently my Christmas has already been bought. Not sure if anyone on P&B maybe fancies buying me a wee colour ink jet printer so that I can print off classroom displays, cupboard labels and posters?

My parents asked if I wanted a half season ticket for TFS which is a thoroughly depressing thought.

I believe Roughcastle is a Roman site.

Celebrate Jesus's birthday at the home of the guys who nailed him to a bit of wood.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Fairytale in New York has been making me happy and giving me Christmas feels since Primary School Christmas discos. No reason for that to change now.

Wifes getting earrings, im getting equipment concerned with the production of alcohol.

Mon the Christmas!!!!

I absolutely loathe that song.

Got my Radio Times. I used to get this and look through it with delight, looking for golden nuggets to mark down and enjoy. 

It’s been bad for a few years now but this year looks especially depressing. The main channels are just sickening lazy. Milking the poorest of Julia Donaldson’s work to the very last drop, old episodes of the Vicar of Dibley, comedy panel shows, gogglebox, Bradley Walsh etc. Fucking pathetic.

4 hours ago, Rizzo said:

Na the kids are going to that one though with the in laws. It was one away out past Buchlyvie we were at. 

You need to get whatever you need to ramp up the cider production though. 

5 hours ago, Kima Greggs said:

Less than 2 weeks to go. It's been another crap year because of the virus, so leave all negativity at the door

1 hour ago, Thorongil said:

I absolutely loathe that song.

1 hour ago, Thorongil said:

It’s been bad for a few years now but this year looks especially depressing. The main channels are just sickening lazy. Milking the poorest of Julia Donaldson’s work to the very last drop, old episodes of the Vicar of Dibley, comedy panel shows, gogglebox, Bradley Walsh etc. Fucking pathetic.

200-18.gif.73dce901bcaa897eea36a3e8c3bf6643.gif

Flying over on the 23rd with a cottage in Pittenweem booked to get the three adult kids, hopefully their partners and the in laws together in one place from the 24th to the 27th. Mrs B has the Morrison's delivery booked for food, drink and stocking fillers for the "weans". 

Planning to eat, drink, be merry and play some daft games to get us all laughing at the end of a less than optimum year. Wee Nippy seems to be choking to put a spoke in my wheel but she can shove it. It's happening!

Enjoy it, everyone.

16 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Flying over on the 23rd with a cottage in Pittenweem booked to get the three adult kids, hopefully their partners and the in laws together in one place from the 24th to the 27th. Mrs B has the Morrison's delivery booked for food, drink and stocking fillers for the "weans". 

Planning to eat, drink, be merry and play some daft games to get us all laughing at the end of a less than optimum year. Wee Nippy seems to be choking to put a spoke in my wheel but she can shove it. It's happening!

Enjoy it, everyone.

I would move Heaven and Earth to get out of that.

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

Ignore the prophets of doom, Slim.  That sounds like a brilliant plan.  Hope you, your Mrs and your (adult) weans have a terrific festive.