The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2022

24 minutes ago, cdhafc1874 said:
27 minutes ago, Aim Here said:
Picking people you think aren't going to die is a pretty bold strategy for this game.

It's a high reward strategy if she does though...

First ever Deadpool for me.  I selected the likes of Chris Pine, so we'll see how this retrospectively awful tactic pans out.

(he strikes me as the type that might enjoy an unnecessary helicopter ride)

First ever Deadpool for me.  I selected the likes of Chris Pine, so we'll see how this retrospectively awful tactic pans out.
You'd be better off selecting the original Captain Kirk...probably

After carefully rereading the time rules, I’m still a wee bit confused by the following scenario:

If I select a celeb who lives in Hawaii (GMT-10) and dies after 0000 GMT but before 0000 in the GMT-10 time zone, did the death occur the previous year (based upon local time) or the current year (based upon GMT)…the closing time/date suggests B, but the following “despite” stipulation suggests A. If it’s variable based upon the beginning or the end of the year, it seems there’s a minuscule advantage to be gained by picking Hawaii-based, alcoholic surfers with partying habits.

8 hours ago, cdhafc1874 said:
8 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

You'd be better off selecting the original Captain Kirk...probably

Shatner was my substitute. He better not croak. 

My first submission since 2017 and the first time I haven’t either picked too many/not enough players or someone who’s already pan breed.

I've replied to everyone's messages so if you haven't had one, let me know.

111 entries this year which I think is a record in my time running the game. After going through my inbox it certainly feels like one. As I mentioned there are lots of first-time players this year, so I hope you do well enough to stick around for 2023.

I'll post the new spreadsheet tomorrow with the first update of the year.

Five people picked someone who's already dead. One person picked three of them.

4 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Saw this picture on Twitter the other day. It may or may not have influenced my decision to pick Richard O'Sullivan and Mike Yarwood.63394cd96c165f44c11f21a461930c92.jpg

That's Craig and Charlie after watching the last 2 months of Jack Ross's time as Hibs manager