The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2022

5 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I know we have a laugh on this thread and I'm sure we will when he does pop his clogs but it sickens me there will actually be a significant amount of people out there revelling in this news 

Presumably you're referring to supporters of one of the cheeks. Contrary to what @Bishop Briggs thinks, I like many others, would happily see both sides in the sea but I also believe in humanity so therefore can't entertain the fact that anyone can read that post and feel anything but sorrow. Maybe I'm naive 🤷‍♂️

Edited by jimbaxters

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I've had a scoring idea. The most common pick doesn't get any points. Do you really want to pick Liz, knowing you won't score anything?

I'm not a fan. Players are already reasonably well primed towards unpopular picks (on average nearly 4 solo shots and one duos per team) - the bulk of picks are solo shots already.

What your idea means is that a lot of players get their pick arbitrarily voided at the start of the year if they don't second-guess which of the top 3 or 4 celebs are the most popular with everyone else swapping picks for the same reason, which doesn't seem like fun. For those players, it'll take some of the joy away when Queen Elizabeth finally topples London Bridge in the middle of the year. Not quite being able to second-guess the other players seems like more fun when all you're losing is the solo/duo bonus and you still get to fistpump the air when that person dies mid-year. Assuming they do, that is.

I'm guessing what you really want is to not have the hassle of manually calculating the scores when someone popular dies, and a better solution is to automate the process - I've shown you my take on a score spreadsheet before, and the latest is at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e8GqwF88AgwIGgq4TTnd4gGDpl0IhLSnAowjkARlRX4/edit?usp=sharing.  It takes a small number of seconds to update the score tables by recording a new death, and it takes a minute or two to extract a list of everyone who picked, say, Elizabeth II and what points they got for her - actually operating the sheet is much simpler than what you're evidently doing. You could make a copy of this for yourself, and try it out, (compare it against updating your own spreadsheet and see which is easier) and I'd be happy to help you out with this if you want.

3 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I've had a scoring idea. The most common pick doesn't get any points. Do you really want to pick Liz, knowing you won't score anything?

Sodoff it took me till Nov last year to score ,I'm grabbing any points I can😀

15 hours ago, Aim Here said:

I'm not a fan. Players are already reasonably well primed towards unpopular picks (on average nearly 4 solo shots and one duos per team) - the bulk of picks are solo shots already.

What your idea means is that a lot of players get their pick arbitrarily voided at the start of the year if they don't second-guess which of the top 3 or 4 celebs are the most popular with everyone else swapping picks for the same reason, which doesn't seem like fun. For those players, it'll take some of the joy away when Queen Elizabeth finally topples London Bridge in the middle of the year. Not quite being able to second-guess the other players seems like more fun when all you're losing is the solo/duo bonus and you still get to fistpump the air when that person dies mid-year. Assuming they do, that is.

I'm guessing what you really want is to not have the hassle of manually calculating the scores when someone popular dies, and a better solution is to automate the process - I've shown you my take on a score spreadsheet before, and the latest is at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e8GqwF88AgwIGgq4TTnd4gGDpl0IhLSnAowjkARlRX4/edit?usp=sharing.  It takes a small number of seconds to update the score tables by recording a new death, and it takes a minute or two to extract a list of everyone who picked, say, Elizabeth II and what points they got for her - actually operating the sheet is much simpler than what you're evidently doing. You could make a copy of this for yourself, and try it out, (compare it against updating your own spreadsheet and see which is easier) and I'd be happy to help you out with this if you want.

On 15/05/2022 at 13:45, Miguel Sanchez said:

5.png.8f876f243e5a4650b8e636c18b5e9d35.png