The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2022

1 hour ago, Lofarl said:

Famous for being ill imo.

Yeah, I have her as my Captain but did hee haw research. I thought she was in the Media before the illness or I wouldn't have picked her, it's a no from me.

I don't play the game (no dog in the fight) and just read to keep up who's dead.

I've never heard of her so did a google search...she is famous because she HAD cancer and THEN did fundraising.

No points

Edited by SlipperyP

5 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

I don't play the game (no dog in the fight) and just read to keep up who's dead.

I've never heard of her so did a google search...she is famous because she HAD cancer and THEN did fundraising.

No points

I respectfully disagree. Lots of people get ill and don't become famous. She got ill and then became famous from her podcasts and newspaper columns. Yes she discussed her illness but also lots of other peoples and became well known for that, not just that she was ill. She has many listeners and readers who know her for that, not just the fact she is ill. So she became ill before being famous yes but I don't see how that matters if she used that as motive to be a well known podcaster and columnist.

Just my thoughts and yes....I do have her in my list 😀

1 minute ago, Indale Winton said:

I respectfully disagree. Lots of people get ill and don't become famous. She got ill and then became famous from her podcasts and newspaper columns. Yes she discussed her illness but also lots of other peoples and became well known for that, not just that she was ill. She has many listeners and readers who know her for that, not just the fact she is ill. So she became ill before being famous yes but I don't see how that matters if she used that as motive to be a well known podcaster and columnist.

If she didn't get ill would she have been famous? No.. As near perfect case of being famous for being ill. as you'll get.

Serious business this.

17 hours ago, Lofarl said:

Famous for being ill imo.

4 minutes ago, Indale Winton said:

• The Terminal Rule - People who are famous specifically for being ill are not eligible.

She was on TV this morning. As usual the BBC showed her with a banner underneath. Top line: name. Bottom line: occupation. (ie Boris Johnson, Prime Minister). 

They had her name, and underneath? What did they give as her occupation? I would have expected "Cancer campaigner", "Podcaster" or similar. Nope. The BBC gave her occupation as "Bowel Babe"

17 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Unlike 'Typhoid' Mary Mallon who was famous for not being ill.

Hmmm. On an absolutely super-important and super-serious note I think Typhoid Mary should be a cause for a minor revision of the rule, viz:

• The Terminal Rule - People who are famous specifically for being ill are not eligible.

Typhoid Mary was famous for being ill, but not for having an illness that would kill her (even if the same illness was proving lethal to everyone around her). I suggest replacing 'being ill' with 'being terminally ill' or 'having an ongoing life-threatening illness' or similar, since I reckon she'd have been a fair pick within the spirit of the current rules. If there's a Guinness World Record Holder for world's ugliest plook, they'd be technically disqualified by the rule, when they probably shouldn't be. You could also imagine someone who's famous for, say, being that lassie who's the only one ever to survive the onset of rabies (Jeanna Giese) whose disease was once life-threatening but isn't, anymore. I'm not sure there'd be many qualifying obituaries for people in these categories, but Typhoid Mary would be at least one.

1 minute ago, Aim Here said:

Hmmm. On an absolutely super-important and super-serious note I think Typhoid Mary should be a cause for a minor revision of the rule, viz:

Typhoid Mary was famous for being ill, but not for having an illness that would kill her (even if the same illness was proving lethal to everyone around her). I suggest replacing 'being ill' with 'being terminally ill' or 'having an ongoing life-threatening illness' or similar, since I reckon she'd have been a fair pick within the spirit of the current rules. If there's a Guinness World Record Holder for world's ugliest plook, they'd be technically disqualified by the rule, when they probably shouldn't be. You could also imagine someone who's famous for, say, being that lassie who's the only one ever to survive the onset of rabies (Jeanna Giese) whose disease was once life-threatening but isn't, anymore. I'm not sure there'd be many qualifying obituaries for people in these categories, but Typhoid Mary would be at least one.

I'll see your Typhoid Mary and raise you by *drumroll* Ernest Saunders, the only person in the history of humankind to have recovered from Alzheimer's......heh heh.........the cvnt is still alive.

The terminal rule.  Is it not just for a terminal illness?  Where do we draw the line?  Cancer, mnd etc are life shortening illnesses. 

But say I get famous for a flatulence disorder that allows me to fart out to the tune of 500 miles, then I unexpectedly  die attempting to do letter from America.  Am I famous for my proclaimers farting or would I be void?  One for the philosopher’s.

1 hour ago, Lofarl said:

The terminal rule.  Is it not just for a terminal illness?  Where do we draw the line?  Cancer, mnd etc are life shortening illnesses. 

But say I get famous for a flatulence disorder that allows me to fart out to the tune of 500 miles, then I unexpectedly  die attempting to do letter from America.  Am I famous for my proclaimers farting or would I be void?  One for the philosopher’s.

"The Terminal Rule" is what it was called when @Spain did it, that's not a specific description.

1 hour ago, Lofarl said:

Wind beneath my Wings surely?

2 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

I'll see your Typhoid Mary and raise you by *drumroll* Ernest Saunders, the only person in the history of humankind to have recovered from Alzheimer's......heh heh.........the cvnt is still alive.

I'd be inclined to believe that he never had Alzheimers in the first place if he "recovered" from it.