The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2022

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Surprised he lasted as long, the way he used to drink The Station Bar.

Those were the days, big John, Mark McManus, The Biscuit...me. I'm the last man standing.

Can I have his hair, it's hardly been used?

Not my regular but did have my 18th birthday there!

Week 10 update

One death this week, French newsreader Jean-Pierre Pernaut: French mourn TV news anchor Jean-Pierre Pernaut | World | The Times

In the midst of a fraught presidential election campaign in 2017, France’s best-loved news anchor introduced the sort of report for which he was celebrated.

“The first cherries of the season have been picked in the Languedoc,” said Jean-Pierre Pernaut, adding that they were “round and full of sunshine”.

For decades, the smiling Pernaut warmed French hearts with a daily news programme largely devoted to a feelgood agenda that involved reporting on traditions unchanged for centuries.

His death at 71 brought an outpouring of homages from across the country, even from the Parisian elite, who had long dismissed him as a backward symbol of anti-intellectualism.

President Macron, for instance, said: “Jean-Pierre Pernaut lived in the heart of our homes. He had an appointment with the...

And then there's a paywall. Sounds like the sort of person I want telling me what's going on in the world. 

Pernaut died at 71, so he's worth 54 Base Points. He was a Solo Shot for @Bully Wee Villa for an extra 50 and a total of 104.

As a result, the standings look like this:

1. Ned Nederlander 313
2. Arbroathlegend36-0 255
3. JustOneCornetto 228
4. Bishop Briggs 199
5. Indale Winton 183
6. Blootoon87 151

7. chomp my root, sparky88, The_Craig 144
10. Arch Stanton 135
11. cdhafc1874 130

12. Bully Wee Villa, gkneil, Savage Henry 104
15. pawpar, Sweaty Morph 95
17. Florentine_Pogen 85
18. Desp, senorsoupe 50
20. Bert Raccoon, speckled tangerine, statts1976uk, ThomCat 39
24. Hamish's Passenger, Moomintroll, The DA 31

27. Everyone else 0

The spreadsheet has also been updated with these scores: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mup1IJllKHs0a47J8G6IXUkvShJrV28Iuc-Kkn7RKuo/edit?usp=sharing

Just been announced by CricketAustralia that Shane Warne's cremation will be held in England as it's the only chance they have of getting their hands on the Ashes.

(Coat etc.,..........)
A full state funeral for Warne is some tribute for any sportsman.

12 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:
On 06/03/2022 at 12:06, Florentine_Pogen said:
Just been announced by CricketAustralia that Shane Warne's cremation will be held in England as it's the only chance they have of getting their hands on the Ashes.

(Coat etc.,..........)

A full state funeral for Warne is some tribute for any sportsman.

Is it not in honour of his shagging then ??