The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2022

330px-Robert_Clary_1953.JPG.02d9ca8f10546271f55a72661e6301fb.JPGRobert Clary, who played Louis LeBeau in 'Hogan's Heroes. Born in Paris, Jewish, he survived Buchenwald before getting to the US.

Writing about his experience, Clary said,

"We were not even human beings. When we got to Buchenwald, the SS shoved us into a shower room to spend the night. I had heard the rumours about the dummy shower heads that were gas jets. I thought, 'This is it.' But no, it was just a place to sleep. The first eight days there, the Germans kept us without a crumb to eat. We were hanging on to life by pure guts, sleeping on top of each other, every morning waking up to find a new corpse next to you. ... The whole experience was a complete nightmare — the way they treated us, what we had to do to survive. We were less than animals. Sometimes I dream about those days. I wake up in a sweat terrified for fear I'm about to be sent away to a concentration camp, but I don't hold a grudge because that's a great waste of time. Yes, there's something dark in the human soul. For the most part, human beings are not very nice. That's why when you find those who are, you cherish them.[4]"

Week 47 update

Nothing. A panda was euthanised and I learned that Taiwan is called the Republic of China (not the People's Republic of China, showing that the Chinese obviously don't do irony). I'm glad there's no counting today because I feel like I'm dying and if I do Aim Here is running this. Enjoy.

11 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Week 47 update

Nothing. A panda was euthanised and I learned that Taiwan is called the Republic of China (not the People's Republic of China, showing that the Chinese obviously don't do irony). I'm glad there's no counting today because I feel like I'm dying and if I do Aim Here is running this. Enjoy.

Not entirely sure you’d qualify. What outlet would give you an obit, and are you actually human?

1 minute ago, paranoid android said:

Wilko Johnson has died. He passed away at home on Monday evening, 21st November 2022.

Legend.

He got a lifeline years ago when diagnosed with terminal bowel cancer, underwent radical surgery and gained 7/8? years.

15 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Wilko Johnson has died. He passed away at home on Monday evening, 21st November 2022.

Legend.

12 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

He got a lifeline years ago when diagnosed with terminal bowel cancer, underwent radical surgery and gained 7/8? years.

Saw Dr.Feelgood at Duchess of York in Leeds back in 80's when 'Pub Rock' was a thing. Great live band and Johnson was an amazing stage presence (especially when the stage was only 9 inches above floor level)...............