The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2022

7 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

I suppose that's an effective way of making sure they really are deid.

Here, just give him a wee dunt with this hammer. No, a bit harder than that. Bit harder. There you go, that's it.

This tradition was started by Pope Quigley IV in 1596. He was a bit of a practical joker, they had to be sure.

11 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

They also tap their head with a hammer.

“Some believe after the deceased has failed to answer to his name being called three times, and before his ring and seals are defaced, he is tapped on the forehead with a small silver hammer.”

What if he’s just hard of hearing? Then he gets his ring defaced? 😮 

They would have to club me to death with a baseball bat rather than a wee hammer if my ring was defaced!

21 minutes ago, Molotov said:

“Some believe after the deceased has failed to answer to his name being called three times, and before his ring and seals are defaced, he is tapped on the forehead with a small silver hammer.”

What if he’s just hard of hearing? Then he gets his ring defaced? 😮 

They would have to club me to death with a baseball bat rather than a wee hammer if my ring was defaced!

I used to work in a profession in which death was a regular occurrence. I have never once had to hit someone with a hammer to check if they're dead.