The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2022

6 hours ago, HI HAT said:

Not going to challenge the dedicated dead poolers but Leslie Phillips gives me 4 hits this year. Another year of mid table mediocrity. Still a month and a half to go though.

Show off. Think Phillips is only my 2nd hit of the year. Should see me steer clear of relegation.

I saw Leslie Philips at the Fringe years ago. He did a one man monologue written by Peter Tinniswood called "On the whole it's been jolly good". It was about a sleazy Tory MP reminiscing on his career (due for a revival?)

He was pretty good.

6 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I saw Leslie Philips at the Fringe years ago. He did a one man monologue written by Peter Tinniswood called "On the whole it's been jolly good". It was about a sleazy Tory MP reminiscing on his career (due for a revival?)

Be a bit difficult Tam, he’s deid.

1 hour ago, carpetmonster said:

Archbishop Conti's away. Shame, he was great in Shirley Valentine. 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/9735418/archbishop-glasgow-mario-conti-dies-tributes/

I actually knew him from his time in Caithness (and my mum knew him from when he was a student at Blairs in Aberdeenshire). He sent a very nice letter when my mum died.