The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2022

22 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I saw the back of Gorby's heid when he was driven in a limousine past Aberdeen Central Library when he got the freedom of the city.

How's that for witnessing history, eh?! :lol:

I recall seeing that on the TV. 

They interviewed the crowd and one couple were really excited.   "This is truly historic. We've come all the way from Stonehaven."

Edited by Fullerene

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I saw the back of Gorby's heid when he was driven in a limousine past Aberdeen Central Library when he got the freedom of the city.

How's that for witnessing history, eh?! :lol:

More like witnessing geography.

He had a map of Kamchatka on his napper.

Points please for Gorbachev.First of the team to show this year , hopefully encourage the rest of them to do the decent thing and try a bit harder for what’s left of the season.

Edited by HI HAT
Missed the reason for the post

Gorbachev was a huge historic figure who was worthy of a state funeral attended by foreign dignitaries and yet none of that is likely to happen.

Despised by most Russians, and especially by Putin, he is more respected on the West and yet almost nobody will be going to Russia to attend his funeral.

His legacy was an end to the Cold War, so Russians could travel abroad, eat at McDonalds if they want to, no longer pose a threat to the countries around them and basically just get along with everyone.

All undone.

22 hours ago, HI HAT said:

Points please for Gorbachev.First of the team to show this year , hopefully encourage the rest of them to do the decent thing and try a bit harder for what’s left of the season.

Aye, that's my first hit of the season too, genuinely felt I was going to end up on 0 for the season 

Former Celtic youth player Jim Beattie passed away today after battling with MND over the last few years. Don't expect many folk to recognise the name, but he was part of the Scotland under 16 squad that were mugged by Saudi Arabia in the under 16 World Cup final at Hampden in 1989.

After leaving Celtic he had spells with St. Mirren and Albion Rovers before joining Petershill. He was with us for 10 years and was terrific for us, despite losing almost 2 years after being diagnosed with Non Hodgkin Lymphoma. As well as being a great player he was also one of the nicest guys you could ever hope to meet. RIP Jim.