The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2022

I'd never heard of this woman before she featured on here. All of you: please accept the adjudication of the convenor, without question. Otherwise, we don't have a game.
Your 1st season playing I take it ???? It's deaths like this that we all play for. Bound to be a rammy. Oh and POINTS PLEASE (mibbies).

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Your 1st season playing I take it ???? It's deaths like this that we all play for. Bound to be a rammy. Oh and POINTS PLEASE (mibbies).

Wrong. You obviously don't remember my runner-up position in 2014, robbed of victory by a Montrose fan with insider information. I'm a veteran of many other rubbish campaigns but stick to my assertion: Miguel's decision is final.

Wrong. You obviously don't remember my runner-up position in 2014, robbed of victory by a Montrose fan with insider information. I'm a veteran of many other rubbish campaigns but stick to my assertion: Miguel's decision is final.
Still at least your not bitter [emoji3]. Of all the threads on PnB I always find this one of the least abusive. Of course the decision will be accepted but it doesn't stop debate or folk fighting their corner.

13 hours ago, Bold Rover said:

I'd never heard of this woman before she featured on here. All of you: please accept the adjudication of the convenor, without question. Otherwise, we don't have a game.

Exact!y, @Miguel Sanchezmight get most decisions wrong, but he's the best we've got at the moment and probably bit better than any of previous people.

Let's get behind him!

38 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

On Deborah James, I think that not only should she be worth zero for those who put them on their list, but everyone else should get bonus points for sticking to the rules. 😀

100% this, if only because it looks like the only way I'm going to get any fucking points...

I refer the honourable members and the cheating dirty conniving dishonourable members of the deadpool to this page in reference to Deborah James.

Or it its not showing right.  Page 59.  Oh f**k it.  To quote Miguel on the page

Since she's been in the news this week and the subject came up in the past few pages, why not. Since I started running this game I've tried to be as fair and transparent as possible. This has proven helpful when I can't count or work spreadsheets and every mistake I make is noticed and pointed out (this is good and you should all do it all the time). I think it's also been a net benefit for myself and everyone who plays, since nobody really takes it seriously enough to get upset and realises that it's all in good fun, and all of the conditions and judgements are reasonable. 

When people submit teams with dead people on them I don't tell them because I find it funny. Unlike famous for being ill or famous for being a relative there's no judgement to make here, they're eligible (alive) or they're not (dead). I've been having a think and I don't think the ill or relative rules have ever come up since I've done the Dead Pool until this year, where someone picked Harvey Price. Since he wasn't a valid pick I told the person who picked him and got a replacement. 

When the Deborah James picks were coming in I had never heard of her, so I looked her up. Podcast host, Sun columnist, author, well, that all checks out. Casting my mind back now I think I might have taken it that she already did some or all of these things before she was diagnosed with cancer, rather than doing all of these things because she had cancer. She's listed as "journalist" on the spreadsheet and this is what both Google and Wikipedia call her, and what I'm pretty sure they called her at the turn of the year.

Thinking aloud, this is probably the sort of case the Terminal rule might be instituted specifically for. Someone who was notable and developed an illness is fine. But then, you can suffer from a condition your whole life and still be famous. Is a Paralympic athlete who was born without legs famous because they're ill? That's probably a bad example because not having legs isn't terminal the way cancer is. What about Marieke Vervoort - Wikipedia from 2019? She suffered from a degenerative muscle condition. If she couldn't go into para-sport nobody would have heard of her, yet there she was. Are there different levels of terminal illness?

I'm not going to take away @Billy Jean King, @Bishop Briggs, @Indale Winton, @mathematics and @Moomintroll's picks because it's not right to do that now (and because Bishop Briggs would shout at me obv), but if it was December right now and people started sending me in teams featuring Deborah James, I don't think I'd accept her. I know we had some discussion on her in the past few pages but I'm open to everyone putting in their thoughts. I think a re-examination of this rule is probably useful for 2023 either way though.

Edited by Lofarl