The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2022

39 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Is looking at one’s list and then checking peoples health a normal thing here? It feels a bit icky, but tied for 57th, there’s only room to move up!

It's a start. Dolls and pins come next.

On 23/06/2022 at 01:38, TxRover said:

Three of my first four were in hospital, and then released, earlier this year…feels like someone is mocking me.

There have been interviews with two of my nonagenarians recently, hale and hearty both.

DP points so far: none

Week 26 update

One death this week, the actor Nehemiah Persoff: Nehemiah Persoff dead: Yentl star dies as Barbra Streisand pays tribute | Metro News

Nehemiah Persoff, best known for his roles in Yentl and Some Like It Hot, has died at the age of 102.

The actor died on Tuesday in San Luis Obispo, California, after an incredible and wide-ranging career.

His death was confirmed by his daughter Dahlia, Variety reports.

Persoff’s breakthrough role was in the iconic 1959 movie Some Like It Hot, in which he played mobster boss Little Bonaparte. He was the final surviving member of the cast.

He was in On the Waterfront! I've seen that.

Persoff died in April, so if you have obscure picks it's a good idea to keep an eye on them because I might miss them. At the end of the year I'll do what I always do and go through the whole list and check as best as I can that all deaths have been recorded, but it's always helpful when people chip in.

Persoff died at 102 so he's worth 23 Base Points for @The Hologram who also gets 50 for a Solo Shot for a total of 73 points.

As a result, the standings look like this:

1. Bishop Briggs 458
2. Indale Winton 445
3. JustOneCornetto 431
4. chomp my root 403
5. sparky88 372
6. Ned Nederlander 371
7. Arch Stanton 302
8. gkneil 271
9. peasy23, weirdcal 259
11. Arbroathlegend36-0 255
12. psv_killie 242
13. Savage Henry 230
14. Desp 188
15. pawpar, Sweaty Morph 187
17. Mathematics, The Master 184
19. The_Craig 178
20. Florentine_Pogen 173
21. thistledo 167
22. Melanius Mullarkey 163
23. Blootoon87 151
24. gingette, microdave 150
26. buddiepaul 146

27. The DA 144
28. Billy Jean King 139
29. scottsdad 138
30. cdhafc1874 130
31. Moomintroll 123
32. pub car king 122
33. nessies long lost ghost, The Naitch 113
35. senorsoupe 108
36. Miguel Sanchez 105

37. Bully Wee Villa 104
38. jimbaxters, lichtgilphead, sleazy 92
41. scorge 85
42. Lofarl, Mark Connolly 75
44. The Hologram 73
45. ThomCat 69
46. thisal 64
47. Hamish's Passenger 61
48. Fuctifano, Willie adie 57
50. Raidernation 46
51. Bert Raccoon, speckled tangerine, statts1976uk 39
52. ayrunitedfw, cambozpar, Karpaty Lviv, Les Cabbage 30

58. Everyone else 0

The spreadsheet has also been updated with these scores: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mup1IJllKHs0a47J8G6IXUkvShJrV28Iuc-Kkn7RKuo/edit?usp=sharing

7 minutes ago, JustOneCornetto said:

Frank Williams best known for playing the Vicar in Dad's Army at 90

A deadly duo for The DA and The Master

5 weeks away from having two Dead Pool picks with the same name going in the same year.

That does give Vicar of Dibley the edge in the last-cast-member-standing race, with Ian Lavender now in a very difficult survive-off against Dawn French and James Fleet.

9 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Finn Dosser Jensen, former Arab in the 1960's.......................

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finn_Døssing

Saw him a couple of times against Morton when around 9 or 10 of the players on the pitch were from Scandinavia. Hal Stewart and Jerry Kerr were the innovators when it came to signing players from that yet untapped market. Dossing had some scoring record in his time at Tannadice.

Edited by JustOneCornetto

10 minutes ago, JustOneCornetto said:

Saw him a couple of times against Morton when around 9 or 10 of the players on the pitch were from Scandinavia. Hal Stewart and Jerry Kerr were the innovators when it came to signing players from that yet untapped market. Dossing had some scoring record in his time at Tannadice.

76 goals in 115 appearances for Dundee Hibernian.

5 hours ago, Aim Here said:

5 weeks away from having two Dead Pool picks with the same name going in the same year.

That does give Vicar of Dibley the edge in the last-cast-member-standing race, with Ian Lavender now in a very difficult survive-off against Dawn French and James Fleet.

Still a few Last of the Summer Wine cast about if anyone wants a theme for next year...