The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2022

3 hours ago, Rugster said:

I saw a photo of Gene Hackman the other day. f**k me, I know he's in his nineties now but unrecognisable. He cannae have long to go.

I thought the same with the recent pictures of Liotta tbh. I would never have had him as 67, going by those.

1297594091_FT2GWz5WUAAnJRi.jpglarge.thumb.jpg.feb0d4656f4ebe3e4daa74c1e8c54ffa.jpg

8 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Patricia, Brake!!!

Too late.

Ingrid Fletcher (Strumpet of Yore)

Ingrid Rita Godber (née Fletcher) was played by Patricia Brake. Ingrid is Fletch's eldest child (allegedly conceived against Karl Marx's tomb). She often visited her father in Slade Prison, oblivious to her appeal to the other inmates, much to her father's despair. It was on one of these trips that she met Fletch's cell-mate Godber. Upon Godber's release the two met up, and by the time Fletch was released, three years later, the two were engaged. They were married in the final episode of Going Straight and are seen to be still married 25 years later in the spoof documentary, Life Beyond the Box: Norman Stanley Fletcher, with one son.

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

Week 22 update

One death this week, former horse man Lester Piggott: Lester Piggott, the outstanding jockey of the postwar era, dies aged 86 | Lester Piggott | The Guardian

Piggott earned the nickname “The Long Fellow” because of his relative tallness among jockeys at 5ft 8in but became popularly known as “the housewives favourite” during a period when he won nine Derbys and the Epsom Classic was the most famous race in the world. Piggott’s influence on racing was such that he spawned a new “shorter” race-riding style with pulled-up stirrup leathers which changed the art of jockeyship.

His father Keith, a former champion jumps jockey turned trainer, provided his son with his first public ride in 1948 at the age of 12. The boy, whose shy exterior resulting from partial deafness and a speech impediment masked a ruthless streak and a fiercely competitive will to win, was successful on The Chase at Haydock, laying the foundations for a glittering career in the saddle.

Piggott won his first Derby at 18 on Never Say Die and was champion jockey 11 times between 1960 and 1982. Despite his height there was no more natural rider in the saddle during a golden age for the sport which included rivals Pat Eddery and Willie Carson.

Seems like this was only announced this morning, so there's not much detail in the articles on him. He won loads of races. And he's a jockey I've heard of, so I'm counting him as famous as well as good.

Piggott died at 86, so he's worth 39 Base Points for @Billy Jean King and @thisal with a Deadly Duo bonus taking that to 64 points.

As a result, the standings look like this:

1. Bishop Briggs 458
2. Indale Winton 445
3. JustOneCornetto 431
4. chomp my root 403
5. sparky88 372
6. Ned Nederlander 371
7. Arch Stanton 302
8. gkneil 271
9. peasy23, weirdcal 259
11. Arbroathlegend36-0 255
12. psv_killie 242
13. Savage Henry 196
14. Desp 188
15. pawpar, Sweaty Morph 187
17. Mathematics, The Master 184
19. thistledo 167
20. Blootoon87 151
21. gingette, microdave 150
23. buddiepaul 146

24. The_Craig, The DA 144
26. Billy Jean King 139
27. scottsdad 138
28. cdhafc1874 130
29. Moomintroll 123
30. pub car king 122
31. nessies long lost ghost, The Naitch 113
33. senorsoupe 108
34. Miguel Sanchez 105

35. Bully Wee Villa 104
36. Melanius Mullarkay 95
37. jimbaxters, lichtgilphead, sleazy 92
40. Florentine_Pogen, scorge 85
42. Lofarl, Mark Connolly 75
44. ThomCat 69
45. thisal 64
46. Hamish's Passenger 61
47. Fuctifano, Willie adie 57
49. Raidernation 46
50. Bert Raccoon, speckled tangerine, statts1976uk 39
51. ayrunitedfw, cambozpar, Karpaty Lviv, Les Cabbage 30

57. Everyone else 0

The spreadsheet has also been updated here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mup1IJllKHs0a47J8G6IXUkvShJrV28Iuc-Kkn7RKuo/edit?usp=sharing