The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2022

On 27/04/2022 at 06:33, peasy23 said:

Oasis drummer Paul Bonehead Arthurs has tonsil cancer.

Pedant alert but Bonehead wasn't the drummer, he was the "rhythm" guitarist (whatever the f**k that is).  

13 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

Pedant alert but Bonehead wasn't the drummer, he was the "rhythm" guitarist (whatever the f**k that is).  

You check out guitar George, he knows-all the chords
Mind, it's strictly rhythm he doesn't want to make it cry or sing
They said an old guitar is all, he can afford
When he gets up under the lights to play his thing

5 hours ago, mozam76 said:

The rhythm guitarist is the one who's not good enough to play the solos.

11 hours ago, get_the_subbies_on said:

Surely not going to see out the summer?

Queen hands over to Charles for State Opening of Parliament https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61384527

I just hope BBC6 Music took note of my strongly worded complaint after the "day of sad tracks" when Phil the Greek fell off his perch.

3 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Captain about to deliver any day now.

There was some murmurs as the year started that she was only famous for being ill (Wikipedia still doesn't give her a page, just a one-liner saying she's on a podcast, which does have a short page) so that one might end up as a steward's inquiry.

5 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

There was some murmurs as the year started that she was only famous for being ill (Wikipedia still doesn't give her a page, just a one-liner saying she's on a podcast, which does have a short page) so that one might end up as a steward's inquiry.

Bit like Dr Kate Grainger a few years back. I was denied points for her on that basis. Had a hissy fit, flounced off in the huff and have never played since..😢😂😂😂

If old duffer Capt Sir Tom qualified ("famous" for being old ?, fundraising ?) Then I'm sure Deborah James is well in. Her fundraising and awareness campaigning alone should be enough.

15 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
4 hours ago, Aim Here said:

If old duffer Capt Sir Tom qualified ("famous" for being old ?, fundraising ?) Then I'm sure Deborah James is well in. Her fundraising and awareness campaigning alone should be enough.

Being old isn't an illness.