The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2022

4 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

One for us old farts there.

Lena Martell used to stoat about Bishopbriggs pished out her heed back around the time when she released that. Not sure how she is these days but wiki says born in 1940 so a reasonable shout for 2023 death pool.

God's Cop, James Anderton, at 89

Younger people will not have heard of him but he was a controversial Chief Constable of Manchester in the 1980s and as far as I remember a bit of a cnut. 

17 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Younger people will not have heard of him but he was a controversial Chief Constable of Manchester in the 1980s and as far as I remember a bit of a cnut. 

17 hours ago, tamthebam said:

He was much more than 'a bit of a cvnt'......He was Thatcher's poodlecvnt, a raging homophobe and the AIDS crisis unfortunately allowed him immense latitude in his 'Holy crusade'.

Good fvcking riddance.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/may/06/sir-james-anderton-obituary 

1 hour ago, senorsoupe said:

George Perez, legendary comic book artist dead at 67

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/george-p-rez-dies-acclaimed-174545653.html

Points Please (as soon as a UK obituary is posted)

Also RIP, thoughts and prayers etc...

I think the Daily Heil has one but I honestly can't bring myself to post a link.......................

5 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

I think the Daily Heil has one but I honestly can't bring myself to post a link.......................

I am sure that Miguel will give me the points without actually giving them a click

Week 19 update

Two deaths this week. First, racing driver Tony Brooks: Former Formula One driver Tony Brooks, the ‘racing dentist’, dies aged 90 | Formula One | The Guardian

The former Formula One race winner and world championship contender Tony Brooks has died aged 90. His daughter Giulia announced the death on Tuesday.

Brooks was one of the great British drivers of the 1950s and narrowly missed out on winning the F1 title in 1959. In his career, he won six grands prix and took 10 podiums from just 38 starts. During his era only Juan Manuel Fangio, Alberto Ascari and Stirling Moss were more successful.

In 1959 he joined Ferrari and won in France and Germany backed up with a second in Monaco. Despite two retirements he entered the final round at Sebring with a shot at the title. But on the opening lap he was hit by his teammate Wolfgang von Trips.

Brooks had survived two huge accidents at Silverstone and Le Mans earlier in his career that had changed the way he approached racing and informed his actions at Sebring. “My natural inclination was to carry on,” he said. “Believe me, that would have been the easiest thing to do, but I made myself come in to have the car checked over.”

He lost half a lap doing so and he finished third, not enough to prevent Jack Brabham, who had run out of fuel and pushed his car over the line for fourth, taking the title.

There's also a good video clip from the F1 youtube channel which can't be embedded but which is available here.

Brooks died at 90 so he's worth 35 Base Points. He was a Solo Shot for @Scorge so it's a total of 85 points.

================

Second death this week is comic book artist and writer George Perez: George Perez, the Marvel and DC comics artist and writer, is dead at 67 | Daily Mail Online

George Pérez, whose long career included important stints writing and drawing for Marvel and DC comics, died Saturday due to complications from pancreatic cancer.

The news of the artists death at age 67 was announced the same day on his official Facebook page.

Although Pérez took on many roles in the comics industry, he was primarily known as a penciller, and his most high-profile work was on the iconic DC limited series Crisis On Infinite Earths. 

The future artist was born in 1954 in the South Bronx to a Puerto Rican family.

He began working as a studio assistant for Marvel in the 1970s, while he was still a teenager, and he made his debut on Astonishing Tales #25 in 1974.

While with the company, he co-created White Tiger, the first Puerto Rican superhero, with Bill Mantlo.

He began working on The Avengers in 1975, followed by a stint on the Fantastic Four, but in the 1980s he moved to DC and began doing artwork for the Justice League Of America.

While at the rival comics giant, he collaborated on some of the biggest characters, including Batman and Superman. 

Perez died at 67 so he's worth 58 Base Points for @Ned Nederlander, @senorsoupe and @sparky88 with a Captain bonus giving @buddiepaul 116 points.

As a result, the standings look like this:

1. Bishop Briggs 458
2. Indale Winton 445
3. JustOneCornetto 431
4. chomp my root 403
5. sparky88 372
6. Ned Nederlander 371
7. Arch Stanton 302
8. gkneil 271
9. peasy23, weirdcal 259
11. Arbroathlegend36-0 255
12. psv_killie 242
13. Savage Henry 196
14. Desp 188
15. pawpar, Sweaty Morph 187
17. Mathematics, The Master 184
19. thistledo 167
20. Blootoon87 151
21. gingette, microdave 150
23. buddiepaul 146

24. The_Craig, The DA 144
26. scottsdad 138
27. cdhafc1874 130
28. Moomintroll 123
29. pub car king 122
30. nessies long lost ghost, The Naitch 113
32. senorsoupe 108
33. Miguel Sanchez 105

34. Bully Wee Villa 104
35. Melanius Mullarkay 95
36. jimbaxters, lichtgilphead, sleazy 92
39. Florentine_Pogen, scorge 85
41. Billy Jean King, Lofarl, Mark Connolly 75
44. ThomCat 69
45. Hamish's Passenger 61
46. Fuctifano, Willie adie 57
48. Raidernation 46
49. Bert Raccoon, speckled tangerine, statts1976uk 39
52. ayrunitedfw, cambozpar, Karpaty Lviv, Les Cabbage 30

56. Everyone else 0

The spreadsheet has also been updated with these scores: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mup1IJllKHs0a47J8G6IXUkvShJrV28Iuc-Kkn7RKuo/edit?usp=sharing