The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2022

8 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Sounds like he was an anti-vaxxer. Deadpoolers should really be given access to the vaccine status of every celebrity. Also, fingers crossed Bono hasn't had his.

4 hours ago, BillyAnchor said:

And Elton John

I'm sensing the beginnings of a whole new thread..... 🤔

13 minutes ago, superwell87 said:

I thought was already dead mate.

Same thing happened with Freddie Starr - I was certain he’s died in the 00’s and that I’d seen the joke about the hamster in a newspaper headline.

16 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Sounds like he was an anti-vaxxer. Deadpoolers should really be given access to the vaccine status of every celebrity. Also, fingers crossed Bono hasn't had his.

Fitbanorth are starting a deadpool, I'm definitely putting Van Morrison on my list.

Week 4 update

Two deaths this week. First up is murderer Russell Bishop: ‘Babes in the wood’ killer Russell Bishop dies of cancer | UK news | The Guardian

Russell Bishop, who killed two nine-year-old girls in 1986 in a case that became known as the “babes in the wood” murders, has died of brain cancer.

Bishop, 55, died on Thursday, 1,137 days after his conviction for the schoolgirl murders. He had been diagnosed with bowel cancer in 2020, which spread to his brain.

In a long-running investigation, Bishop was convicted in 2018 for sexually assaulting and strangling to death Nicola Fellows and her best friend, Karen Hadaway, both nine, in woodlands in Brighton.

He was sentenced to at least 36 years in prison in December 2018. “I have no doubt that you were a predatory paedophile,” the judge said at the Old Bailey. “The terror that each girl must have suffered in their final moments is unimaginable.”

Bishop was a prisoner of HMP Frankland in County Durham. He died in hospital shortly before 9pm on Thursday, a Ministry of Justice spokesperson said. They said the Prisons and Probation Ombudsman had been informed.

Bishop was previously tried in 1987 but acquitted due to errors by the authorities and forensic experts. In 1990 he was convicted of the abduction, molestation and attempted murder of a seven-year-old. While he was serving that sentence, the court of appeal in 2017 quashed his acquittal of Nicola and Karen’s murders.

Going by his mugshot he was a rough looking 55. Dying at 55 makes him worth 70 Base Points. @Bishop Briggs gets a Deadly Duo bonus for 95 points, @Ned Nederlander gets those 95 plus a Vice-Captain bonus for a total of 130 points.

================

Second death this week was Meat Loaf: Meat Loaf: Bat Out of Hell singer dead at 74 | Meat Loaf | The Guardian

Aday was born in Dallas, Texas, on 27 September 1947. He was an only child, his mother a school teacher and gospel singer and his father a former police officer who developed alcoholism after being medically discharged from the US army during the second world war.

Aday acted in high school productions, studied at Lubbock Christian College and later North Texas State University. After his mother’s death, he moved to Los Angeles – where he worked as a car park attendant and believed that he once picked up a hitchhiking Charles Manson – and formed his first group, Meat Loaf Soul, taking the name from a nickname given to him by a football coach.

In Los Angeles, Meat Loaf turned down three early offers of recording contracts and the group plied their trade live, supporting acts such as Van Morrison’s band Them, Taj Mahal, Janis Joplin, the Who, the Fugs, the Stooges and the Grateful Dead. As band members came and went, the group changed its name with every new lineup – among them Floating Circus and Popcorn Blizzard.

Popcorn Blizzard moved to Michigan, released an album in 1967 and sold 5,000 copies. Meat Loaf, however, told NME in 1978 that he was “going crazy out there in the woods” and so he moved back to Los Angeles and joined the cast of Hair.

He was playing a long game, he explained, exploring other avenues of entertainment that he hoped would ultimately allow him to make music on his terms. “I went into the theatre ’cause I hate bars; I didn’t want to be stuck in a bar band and go sing Top 40 material. To me that’s as bad as selling out. Instead, why not do something that lets your mind be creative?”

===============

Speaking to Mojo, he characterised the public perception of his act: “That I’m overblown, pompous, melodramatic, self-indulgent. I’ve heard it a million times. And the first person to describe me like that was me. It’s supposed to be overblown. The entire history of rock’n’roll is a comedy … Rock’n’roll was never meant to answer the questions of the universe. It’s a laugh. I’m a laugh. So laugh at me if you like. I have no problem with that.”

I also found this in my youtube suggestions last night:

What I'll always remember him for though is this:

Well, that and HIS NAME IS ROBERT PAULSON, obviously. Loaf died at 74, so he's worth 51 Base Points for @Blootoon87, with a Solo Shot taking that up to 101 points.

As a result, the standings look like this:

1. Ned Nederlander 313
2. Arbroathlegend36-0 255
3. Bishop Briggs 199
4. Indale Winton 183

5. chomp my root, sparky88, The_Craig 144
8. JustOneCornetto 143
9. Arch Stanton 135
10. cdhafc1874 130

11. gkneil, Savage Henry 104
13. Blootoon87 101
14. Hamish's Passenger, Moomintroll, The DA 31

17. Everyone else 0

The spreadsheet has also been updated with these scores: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mup1IJllKHs0a47J8G6IXUkvShJrV28Iuc-Kkn7RKuo/edit?usp=sharing

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Not this time.

I thought he looked younger than you (have never met you or seen a photo).

Sure it wasn't  you getting the son all worked up for a trip to the big Glesga.