The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2022

1 hour ago, Aim Here said:

In wilful stupidity news, Czech folk singer Hana Horka had the brilliant plan whereby, instead of taking the vaccine, she could get around vaccination restrictions in her places of work, by contracting Covid and then recovering from it, and getting certified with antibodies.

So she contracted Covid, and died from it.

I do have to wonder whether deliberately contracting a disease with a fairly low fatality rate with the intention of surviving it would constitute an accident for the purpose of getting the 'Unnatural Causes' bonus in the Dead Pool; most infections by Covid would generally be natural deaths.

Should definitely qualify her for a Darwin award.

10 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Clutching at straws here but will @Miguel Sanchez accept Yahoo UK news as a qualifying obit for Israel S Dresner?

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/rabbi-israel-dresner-wayne-civil-235818562.html

Screenshot 2022-01-19 at 20.36.27.png

I'm pretty sure I've rejected Yahoo in the past for someone. It's a non-UK site with a UK news section. The UK part of that URL is just based on the country you're in, not the website itself - if you're on a VPN and go on to Yahoo from another country it localises it, like this: Últimas Noticias y Titulares en España | Yahoo Noticias

I'm a bit surprised since he died so close to MLK day but... it's a risk you take with the more obscure picks.

2 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I'm pretty sure I've rejected Yahoo in the past for someone. It's a non-UK site with a UK news section. The UK part of that URL is just based on the country you're in, not the website itself - if you're on a VPN and go on to Yahoo from another country it localises it, like this: Últimas Noticias y Titulares en España | Yahoo Noticias

I'm a bit surprised since he died so close to MLK day but... it's a risk you take with the more obscure picks.

no probs - I thought that Yahoo had been rejected before, but you have to try.

I'm still hoping that the (UK based) weekly Jewish Chronicle will report the sad news.

On 19/01/2022 at 15:27, Aim Here said:

In wilful stupidity news, Czech folk singer Hana Horka had the brilliant plan whereby, instead of taking the vaccine, she could get around vaccination restrictions in her places of work, by contracting Covid and then recovering from it, and getting certified with antibodies.

So she contracted Covid, and died from it.

I do have to wonder whether deliberately contracting a disease with a fairly low fatality rate with the intention of surviving it would constitute an accident for the purpose of getting the 'Unnatural Causes' bonus in the Dead Pool; most infections by Covid would generally be natural deaths.

There's nowt so queer as folk.