The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2022

3 hours ago, pub car king said:

BBC News - Serial killer Peter Tobin admitted to hospital

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-60002878

Time to start circling the drain cunto 

He’s held on valiantly on my team for the past three or four years, I’ll be happy to get rid to release a slot for next year.

That, and he’s an evil c**t, of course. 

Week 3 update

3 deaths for week 3. Up first, Robert Durst: Millionaire murderer Robert Durst dies in prison - BBC News

Millionaire convicted murderer Robert Durst has died in prison at the age of 78, according to his lawyer.

Durst died as a California prisoner after being convicted in September of killing his friend Susan Berman.

He murdered her to stop her talking to police about his wife's disappearance. Police believe he killed two others.

The US real estate heir turned fugitive unwittingly confessed in an HBO crime documentary series about himself.

Durst's lawyer, Chip Lewis, confirmed that he died at the San Joaquin General Hospital while in the custody of the California Department of Corrections.

He said that his death was due to "natural causes" and that he had been suffering from numerous medical issues.

Durst was sentenced to life in prison in October for the 2000 killing of Berman, who was his long-time confidante and spokeswoman.

His trial had been delayed for more than a year due to the Covid pandemic. Two days after his sentencing he was admitted to hospital with Covid and placed on a ventilator, according to his trial lawyer.

Durst - whose family have owned a series of New York City skyscrapers, including an investment in the World Trade Center - was investigated after a recording of him confessing was used in the 2015 HBO documentary series The Jinx.

"What the hell did I do? Killed them all, of course," he was recorded saying to himself in an apparent hot mic moment.

Prosecutors say that he also murdered his neighbour, Morris Black, while living as a fugitive in Texas nine months after killing Berman.

Durst claimed to have shot him accidentally, before going on to dismember his body and dump the parts in Galveston Bay.

After a 45-day manhunt, he was arrested for shoplifting a chicken sandwich from a grocery store in Pennsylvania, only a few miles from where he attended university. He was found with thousands of dollars in cash in his rental car, as well as cannabis and Black's driving licence.

It seems like his death isn't going to solve anything though as there's going to be a legal battle for his money: Dead wife's relatives seek part of Robert Durst's fortune - ABC News (go.com)

Durst died at 78 so he's worth 47 Base Points for @Arbroathlegend36-0 and @JustOneCornetto, with a Deadly Duo bonus giving them both 72 points in total.

======================

Second death this week was organist Francis Jackson: Francis Jackson, organist, composer and doyen of cathedral music who spent nine decades associated with York Minster – obituary (telegraph.co.uk)

Francis Jackson, who has died aged 104, was for more than 90 years associated with the music of York Minster, as chorister, assistant organist, master of music and organist emeritus. His reign in the organ loft – 1946 to 1982 – followed that of Sir Edward Bairstow, the great Edwardian organist who saw the Minster’s musical worship through the deprivations of two world wars. During his long career Jackson knew no fewer than nine Archbishops, ranging from William Temple between the wars to Stephen Cottrell in the 21st century....

This is as much as the Telegraph will give me. I'd go looking for an example of his organing but there's too much today. I'm sure he was good.

Jackson died at 104 so he's worth 21 Base Points, with a Solo Shot for @JustOneCornetto giving him 71 in total.

======================

The final death this week was American Rabbi Israel Dresner:

.... no UK obituaries. 'Most arrested Rabbi' Israel Dresner dies at age 92 - CBS New York - Jnews is the best I can manage so far.

It's Martin Luther King day in America tomorrow, so here's a picture of the two of them together:

IsraelDresner.JPG

He looks remarkably like Jeff Goldblum. Dresner was a pick for @HibsFan@lichtgilphead and @Ned Nederlander but it doesn't look like you're going to get any points. As ever I'll keep an eye out.

As a result of all of this, the standings look like this:

1. Arbroathlegend36-0 255
2. Indale Winton, Ned Nederlander 183

4. chomp my root, sparky88, The_Craig 144
7. JustOneCornetto 143
8. Arch Stanton 135
9. cdhafc1874 130

10. Bishop Briggs, gkneil, Savage Henry 104
13. Hamish's Passenger, Moomintroll, The DA 31

16. Everyone else 0

The spreadsheet has also been updated with these scores: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mup1IJllKHs0a47J8G6IXUkvShJrV28Iuc-Kkn7RKuo/edit?usp=sharing

In wilful stupidity news, Czech folk singer Hana Horka had the brilliant plan whereby, instead of taking the vaccine, she could get around vaccination restrictions in her places of work, by contracting Covid and then recovering from it, and getting certified with antibodies.

So she contracted Covid, and died from it.

I do have to wonder whether deliberately contracting a disease with a fairly low fatality rate with the intention of surviving it would constitute an accident for the purpose of getting the 'Unnatural Causes' bonus in the Dead Pool; most infections by Covid would generally be natural deaths.

1 hour ago, Aim Here said:

In wilful stupidity news, Czech folk singer Hana Horka had the brilliant plan whereby, instead of taking the vaccine, she could get around vaccination restrictions in her places of work, by contracting Covid and then recovering from it, and getting certified with antibodies.

So she contracted Covid, and died from it.

I do have to wonder whether deliberately contracting a disease with a fairly low fatality rate with the intention of surviving it would constitute an accident for the purpose of getting the 'Unnatural Causes' bonus in the Dead Pool; most infections by Covid would generally be natural deaths.

folk singer? folkwit more like.