Queens v Ayr

59 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

This feels kinda weird ..... 5 pm on Saturday and I'm not feeling really depressed .... something not right here!

It was 3 going on 10 .

Brilliant performance from start to finish.

We must now try and get this level of performance every week 

Good to see us have our best game of the season in one of our most important fixtures. I think it's too early to say we've turned a corner as such as Ayr were absolutely appalling but then so were Dunfermline at Palmerston and we scraped a win at the end. We were very good.

Cameron had his best performance for us. A much better player it appears when they feed the ball into his feet. We should have been more clinical and it would have given a fairer scoreline. 3-0 really does flatter Ayr.

A lot of really good performances for us and Todd deserved his Motm award. A mention for Debayo; I'm convinced he wasn't 100% fit today and wouldn't have played if we had any cover in defence but he got through the game without any mistakes.

A massive win really. Thought we needed at least 4 from today, Dunfermline and Morton so it's a bit of a free hit against Morton though I'm hoping for at least a point. The best news of today is that there is a side considerably shitter than ourselves. The longer they keep Duffy, the better.

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

A mention for Debayo; I'm convinced he wasn't 100% fit today and wouldn't have played if we had any cover in defence but he got through the game without any mistakes.

He was nothing like fit. He returned to training on Friday after about a month out. East hasn't trained all week either and Fitzpatrick was sat on the bench without being fit enough to do more than 15 mins too. We had 11 fit players on Thursday. All hands to the pump and all credit to the guys who got themselves out there. East was outstanding and was still probably behind Cameron and Todd in the Man of the Match stakes. Debayo did well. I don't think we expected either him or East to make it through 90 mins but East did despite the physio noticeably checking with him a couple of times late on and Debayo only went off with 5 mins to go.

No failures on the pitch for us though. Ayr were poor but that was our best showing of the season and if it had been 6 or 7 it wouldn't have flattered us.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Should mention the linesman running the line closest to the new stand. I was in line with a lot of his calls today and there were a couple that were pretty close. He got every decision absolutely spot on. Thankfully the biggest one for us was after Nditi's f**k up. There was even a call that the ref was closer to and the lino got it correct. He must have known the guy was on form today as he took his call over his own [emoji38]

Not often I praise linesmen.

I always think it's important to compare how we play against the same team at different points in the season. Earlier on, we went a goal down but dug in and battled back to win. Today, we went our usual one goal down and pathetically folded to a QOS team who were arguably weaker today than they were in the last game against us. 

We've managed to regress from where we were at that point, which I didn't think was possible but there you go. 

Outstanding team performance today - great to see us get the ball back so quickly when out of possession. Some of our pass and move football was different class. Ayr were poor but we kept the foot on the accelerator and didn’t lose concentration when in command. Some brilliant individual performances and you know you’ve played well when any number of players could have been MOM. Contenders for me were - Gibson, East, Connelly, Cameron and Todd. 

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Some Ayr posters don't appear to be taking the defeat well. You wouldn't know unless you ventured in to their thread mind you. Bizarre given how they were all over this post match in the last fixture.

The usual one or two.

Mind you, given the circumstances they have a lot to be concerned about. 

We are far from out of the woods ourselves. So the longer Ayr keep Duffy and Co in place the better.

The usual one or two.
We are far from out of the woods ourselves. So the longer Ayr keep Duffy and Co in place the better.
Oh aye we're nowhere near out of it. The bottom 3 will absolutely be us, Morton and Ayr. Only an amazing transfer window will change that outcome.

32 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
37 minutes ago, qos_75 said:
The usual one or two.

Oh aye we're nowhere near out of it. The bottom 3 will absolutely be us, Morton and Ayr. Only an amazing transfer window will change that outcome.

Yep, the business, or lack of it, in January will decide which of us survives this season.  Full half season to go yet.

1 hour ago, qos_75 said:

So the longer Ayr keep Duffy and Co in place the better.

I'm getting a bit worried he's not been sacked yet. What are our board thinking?

Some of Jim Duffy's accolades:

1 win in last 12 league games; bottom of every form table; 2 points from 12 against the rest of the bottom 5 & we've conceeded the first goal in 11 league games in a row now.

Any other club would have sacked him by now.

I'm getting a bit worried he's not been sacked yet. What are our board thinking?
1 win in last 12 league games; bottom of every form table; 2 points from 12 against the rest of the bottom 5 & we've conceeded the first goal in 11 league games in a row now.

We wouldn't have tbh.

How long is Duffy's contract? Can you afford to sack two managers in one season?

17 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

With a record like that, It doesn’t suggest he is going to turn things around. 

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

We wouldn't have tbh.

How long is Duffy's contract? Can you afford to sack two managers in one season?

Hopkin resigned, the chairman tried to talk him out of it. If we paid him anything then it would have been goodwill.

Given we also retained Hopkin's coaching team and promoted Duffy from within I expect it will be costly as we need to sack all of them this time.

We also need to sign new players in January.

It's going to cost money either way. The attendances are already plummeting. So it's really a proposition of what is going to cost us more tbh.

I don't think there is a choice to be made, the atmosphere is already poisonous at home games and is just going to get worse. 

Edit - I think Duffy is contracted to the end of the season. Hopkin had a three year deal so we dodged a real bullet when he left.

Edited by Trogdor