Queens v Ayr

3 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

What’s the story with Aaron Muirhead ? 

Out injured but working for a Dumfries based building company. 

Where you seeing that? Someone said a couple of weeks ago he'd moved down there but, all seemed to be a rumour that disappeared quickly.

5 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Dumfries is a small place. Has he left Ayr United due to injury ? 

Out injured at the moment , also still under contract until the summer . Perhaps he’s on the move ,which would be a huge blow to Ayr at this point .  If he’s moving back to Dumfries maybe he’s on the QoS radar .

16 minutes ago, North British said:

Out injured at the moment , also still under contract until the summer . Perhaps he’s on the move ,which would be a huge blow to Ayr at this point .  If he’s moving back to Dumfries maybe he’s on the QoS radar .

Agree with that, if we can replace Aero with a comparable LCB then I will be sad to see him go but ok with it. If we horse trade him and don't sort the defence I'll be gutted.  That is all assuming he is on the move this window, it could just be all smoke and he's earning a few pennies before Christmas. Noticed someone back in September on Twitter saying they served him in a quarry, so he's probably been working on the side the entire time with us around his footballing commitments. 

31 minutes ago, North British said:

I think there's more chance of actually seeing Santa come down your chimney than Muirhead signing for Queens. Never say never though. IF he's moved back down here and gone back on the tools he might be looking to the future and going part-time. It's possible of course that his injury, whatever it is, prevents him from playing but isn't the type that stops him from doing certain types of work. I'm sure he won't be too hard pushed if gone back to his previous employer. 

3 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Would fine with Muirhead to QOTS, weaken your rivals n aw that. 

I think Muirhead is more likely to play for Annan than Queens if he wants to play football in the Dumfries area. Not sure he would receive a great reception from the Queens fans and could quite easily become a scapegoat for any defensive frailties.

1 hour ago, Fitbafollower said:

D Jaffo get real 

we cannot afford jack ross 

Until last night I probably didn't think we could afford Graham Mathie either. 

We will not end up with Jack Ross but right now I wouldn't say money is going to be a problem in a lot of cases. 

13 hours ago, mugen_power said:

Derby...nope, no matter how hard your lot wish for it

If I had three wishes, I wouldn't be wasting one of them on a Queens-Ayr game being known as a derby 😉.

We've all got a lot more to be worried about than that.