Partick Thistle vs Raith Rovers- 18/12/2021

1 hour ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Turner should start every game, in his natural position, for me.

I’m still not sure what that was but was great to see him as the deepest lying player one moment, throwing the ball back to Sneddon then deciding to run right up to the box to get on the end of Maciver’s knock down. 

4 minutes ago, jagfox OG said:

I’m still not sure what that was but was great to see him as the deepest lying player one moment, throwing the ball back to Sneddon then deciding to run right up to the box to get on the end of Maciver’s knock down. 

I'd have him infront of Bannigan and Docherty sitting behind strikers.

15 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

I'd have him infront of Bannigan and Docherty sitting behind strikers.

Not only that but would also allow him to take over from Bannigan in taking corners and free kicks….love Banzo but he tends to overhit or fluff everything.

Turner definitely hits the best corners. Not sure if he is 10, a 6 or an 8 but Ian seems to see him wedged in at 7.

Similar to Cammy Smith who definitely seems to be a 10 as is Connor Murray...

They have all put in decent performances but we won't see them at their best until they play/ find their best positions.

Will be a while until we see Banzo or Doc dropped...

No issues with the end result as it was merited but aggrieved some at the manner of it.

Going into this game with 5 1st team players missing through injury and illness was always going to make it difficult and so it proved.

With an average age of just over 23 I felt we did ok almost everywhere except midfield where Matthews seemed fairly anonymous, Tait and particularly Arnott were overwhelmed. With no presence up top we were fighting a losing battle from the off as nothing was sticking.

In truth we created virtually nothing and could barely muster an attempt at goal, Jags had a few attempts but didn't much look like scoring and with 30 mins to go looked like they had run out of ideas and were never going to get a goal. Berra then takes a heavy touch and lunges at the ball, realising he wont get it he tries to pull out of the challenge, whether he really made contact or not it's hard to tell and we in the main stand were probably the ones with the best view! Either way the ref was the wrong side of the incident and wouldn't have had the best view, the main stand side assistant had a better angle but seems didn't get involved.

At the end of the day the result is all that matters and was probably deserved over the piece, the only thing that rankles was 1 the free kick which should have been awarded for an elbow on Young , 2 and 3 the undue haste with which the ref both pulled out the red card and blew for time as soon as the winner had been scored, he couldn't have been more obvious had he blown before the Rovers restarted.

Still love trips to Firhill, I both wished and received best wishes from Jags fans before and after the game so all the best for the coming weeks and the rest of the season.

Begs the question, if there had been a major incident during the game the officials would likely have not seen it. By the time the ball hit the I reckon 75% of supporters in the ground knew nothing about it until the JH stand support started cheering.

It's a funny ol game!

Edited by Scottydog

16 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

No issues with the end result as it was merited but aggrieved some at the manner of it.

Going into this game with 5 1st team players missing through injury and illness was always going to make it difficult and so it proved.

With an average age of just over 23 I felt we did ok almost everywhere except midfield where Matthews seemed fairly anonymous, Tait and particularly Arnott were overwhelmed. With no presence up top we were fighting a losing battle from the off as nothing was sticking.

In truth we created virtually nothing and could barely muster an attempt at goal, Jags had a few attempts but didn't much look like scoring and with 30 mins to go looked like they had run out of ideas and were never going to get a goal. Berra then takes a heavy touch and lunges at the ball, realising he wont get it he tries to pull out of the challenge, whether he really made contact or not it's hard to tell and we in the main stand were probably the ones with the best view! Either way the ref was the wrong side of the incident and wouldn't have had the best view, the main stand side assistant had a better angle but seems didn't get involved.

At the end of the day the result is all that matters and was probably deserved over the piece, the only thing that rankles was 1 the free kick which should have been awarded for an elbow on Young , 2 and 3 the undue haste with which the ref both pulled out the red card and blew for time as soon as the winner had been scored, he couldn't have been more obvious had he blown before the Rovers restarted.

Still love trips to Firhill, I both wished and received best wishes from Jags fans before and after the game so all the best for the coming weeks and the rest of the season.

Begs the question, if there had been a major incident during the game the officials would likely have not seen it. By the time the ball hit the I reckon 75% of supporters in the ground knew nothing about it until the JH stand support started cheering.

It's a funny ol game!

Fucking hell. Buckets of salty tears here!

Think that's the first time in a long while that an opposition player has been sent off and it's affected the outcome. 

Last year the only opposition red card was an Airdrie player when we were 4-1 up. 

In 19/20 nobody was sent off against us. 

In 18/19 Stranraer had a red in the diddy cup game at 4-0 down and Draper was sent off for Ross County in Archibalds last game but in injury time with County 2-0 up 

In 17/18 nobody was sent off against us. 

So it's 16/17, goncalves of hearts was sent off at 1-0 with 20 minutes to go, so the game was at least in the balance. 

I've watched the highlights about 6 times and still can't see what happens at the goal, someone needs to superimpose a tracer on the ball. 

2 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

I've watched the highlights about 6 times and still can't see what happens at the goal, someone needs to superimpose a tracer on the ball. 

Feel a bit sorry for McIver here- easily the most consequential impact he’s had this season (and probably as a Thistle player despite the odd goal last season), and no one can see it 

5 hours ago, Mike the Magyar said:

I assume you live in Fife/Scotland?

How come I can log in to watch the Jags on the official club stream?

Also, there’s  an article on the Jags website re a very ill fan  whose care home is In Leicestershire logging in to watch the game.  

Wrong guess. As for the rest, dunno, but the EPL has demanded they be blocked.

1 hour ago, Mike the Magyar said:

The EPL has demanded has it? Well haud  me back.

Considering that the level of the Scottish Championship - at best - struggles to match the National League, clubs like Ipswich Town and Sunderland, both League 1 ( approx average attendance 20,000)  will hardly be quaking in their financial boots at the thought of lost income because of a Partick Thistle V Raith Rovers game being streamed.

Copied from the RaithTV post on the matter:

“Note: We are unable to offer live video streaming to viewers in England due to UEFA rules.”