Partick Thistle vs Raith Rovers- 18/12/2021

22 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Really quite lovely moment today when the fans were all getting behind the team loudly towards the end of the game and McGlynn appeared to be applauding/conducting the singing. There’s a real connection between the fans and players/management this year, probably more so than I’ve ever seen in my time following the club.

The Zerovision Song Contest.

Nul points.

Not going to brother reading what's been said before.

I thought 1st half we were poor but 2nd half we were fantastic. Ok we lost but the players put in some shift today and put it all on the line

From what I could "see" that was never a red but if the replay proves me wrong so be it. Before it I thought we were coming into the game but after it we were only going to get a draw at best

No matter what happener today I thought every single player deserved a huge applause and the crowd reaction midway through the match was superb.

31 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Really quite lovely moment today when the fans were all getting behind the team loudly towards the end of the game and McGlynn appeared to be applauding/conducting the singing. There’s a real connection between the fans and players/management this year, probably more so than I’ve ever seen in my time following the club.

McGlynn’s post match interview is excellent, particularly the first 2-3 minutes, really emphasises the above.

Partick deserved the 3 points without having to be particularly good.No excuses for our not very good first half performances as even with players missing our starting 11 was fairly strong.Bene was more than an able replacement for Lang and only Varian who we missed for his  work rate and holding up the ball  being the other.

Once we lost Berra for what looked like a stupid challenge from somebody with that experience its was an uphill battle

Dont think we,ve been anywhere near our best in our last 4 games,Caley,Arbroath,Killie and Partick but we,re still sitting in a great position in the league at this stage of the season.

A long way to go

What the fooks happened to Zanatta?So far off it after his early season form

The conditions were absolutely farcical, and I’ve never been at a game for 90 minutes in which I saw less of the action. In particular the whole second period was a write off - Raith were down to 10 men and couldn’t really get out of their own half; a half which we couldn’t see at all from the Lambie. It really should have been called off, but obviously delighted that this didn’t happen,

Based on the chances we created in the first half, and the fact the ball was up in the Raith half for the majority of the second, it was a well deserved victory. Which Raith fans seem to honestly acknowledge.

No idea what happened with the red card and no idea what happened for the goal, but that was a massive win which keeps our promotion chances alive.

1 hour ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Partick deserved the 3 points without having to be particularly good.No excuses for our not very good first half performances as even with players missing our starting 11 was fairly strong.Bene was more than an able replacement for Lang and only Varian who we missed for his  work rate and holding up the ball  being the other.

Once we lost Berra for what looked like a stupid challenge from somebody with that experience its was an uphill battle

Dont think we,ve been anywhere near our best in our last 4 games,Caley,Arbroath,Killie and Partick but we,re still sitting in a great position in the league at this stage of the season.

A long way to go

What the fooks happened to Zanatta?So far off it after his early season form

*Spoiler* That's what happens with Zanatta

Wingers always tend to get judged more harshly on their performances compared to other areas of the pitch. I've said this point a few times before, but Grant Anderson said on the Pele Podcast a few seasons ago when he was at Stranraer he was far happier playing as a centre forward as people forget about any mistakes or lack of action if you pop up with a 90th minute goal. If a winger isn't beating his full back consistently or making surging runs then they get singled out. 

The two players I'd give a bit of leeway to in the squad would be Berra and Zanatta. He's a huge part of why even after today we're sitting a point off the top of the league. I'm confident he'll kick on throughout the rest of the season. For some reason, he's a player folk are absolutely desperate to slaughter (not even so much at the moment - some of the reactions before the start of the season were wild). 

Edited by Broken Algorithms

Whos slaughtering him?
Zanatta has shown how good a player he is but not of late.Kinda similar to his first spell with us.

Disagree wingers always tend to get judged more harshly than others.Davo wasnt a winger [emoji38]

It's more a folk at games. He definitely gets treated differently to someone like Connolly for example.

7 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

How the f**k was that game allowed to continue, its hard enough for me to see the ball on the highlights, how the hell the players managed to follow it beats me

Och, it was fine really. Realistically the longest line of sight anyone really needs is the linesman being able to see across to the opposite touchline for offside calls, and sitting in the Main Stand there was never a point where I couldn't see the other side. It was a struggle to see on the diagonal towards the end and I couldn't say I saw much of the goal, but the players all would've been fine at pretty much all times. 

It's more a folk at games. He definitely gets treated differently to someone like Connolly for example.
I didn't think Connolly was a good signing but the work rate on that guy is ridiculous. Him and zannata have both proven me well and truly wrong.

15 games unbeaten and it's taken a potential covid problem, a shit load of fog, playing without a recognised striker and a 96ish minute winner in a game we went down to ten men in for us to finally lose a game. We're also 1 point off top technically. Wasn't a bad day really, all things considered.