Partick Thistle vs Raith Rovers- 18/12/2021

3 minutes ago, embow said:

Not that it matters now and Thistle deserving of the points on today's showing but the BBC gives the goal as being scored in the sixth minute of added on time. An awful lot of added on time methinks!,🤔

Was perfectly fair, try watching the game tbh.  Red card, plenty subs and the usual time-wasting.

I left before the goal went in as I had to get back into town. Its a rough one but it just wasn't too be. We never really got going today and it only ever looked like Thistle were going to win. If you're going to lose an unbeaten run, it might as well be with awful visibility, making four subs and receiving, in my one viewing of it, a sketchy red card and in the 6th minute of injury time.

The time added on won't have been helped with our shithousing but I'm surprised that the referee thought to add so long on. Partick looked more and more lackluster from what I saw.

Can't really blame any over celebrations given we did the exact same at home to Killie last week. If this league isn't going to be stopped, then you'll see plenty of teams in a situation like us today. We sorely missed Ethon Varian today.

We definitely deserved to win the game, and it should have been wrapped up before the 95th minute to be honest. As others have said, 5 subs, a red card and subsequent complaints, MacDonald’s injury and the usual time wasting mean that the amount added on seemed about right to me, but if you want to indulge in conspiracy then it seems prudent to remind you that the CEO of the SFA is a former Thistle player, assistant manager and CEO.

Pleased to see (well, not literally see) Kyle Turner get the goal as I really like him as a player, even if he hasn’t contributed enough from open play this season. MacIver getting involved is nice too, even though I still don’t think he’s up to it.

A big three points, it would have been massively frustrating if we hadn’t managed to get them given the way the game panned out but it keeps us in touching distance of the top.

Raith will be disappointed I’m sure, but ultimately didn’t do anything to deserve much from that, albeit the reasons why are obvious. I think McGlynn got it wrong trying Ross up front over Zanatta, and then I think his change after the red was wrong too. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

We definitely deserved to win the game, and it should have been wrapped up before the 95th minute to be honest. As others have said, 5 subs, a red card and subsequent complaints, MacDonald’s injury and the usual time wasting mean that the amount added on seemed about right to me, but if you want to indulge in conspiracy then it seems prudent to remind you that the CEO of the SFA is a former Thistle player, assistant manager and CEO.
Pleased to see (well, not literally see) Kyle Turner get the goal as I really like him as a player, even if he hasn’t contributed enough from open play this season. MacIver getting involved is nice too, even though I still don’t think he’s up to it.
A big three points, it would have been massively frustrating if we hadn’t managed to get them given the way the game panned out but it keeps us in touching distance of the top.
Raith will be disappoint I’m sure, but ultimately didn’t do anything to deserve much from that, albeit the reasons why are obvious. I think McGlynn got it wrong trying Ross up front over Zanatta, and then I think his change after the red was wrong too. 

Counterpoint: the Colin Weir side linesman is from Kirkcaldy and used to go to Rovers games about a decade ago. [emoji23]

To be fair I would have taken a point before the game given our recent form.However, should have been out of sight by halftime and avoided the squeaky bum half hour at the end .Our inability to turn opportunities into goals still a bit worrying and needs to be addressed in New-year transfer window .

Thought Tunji MOM again …never put a foot wrong and Zanatta played like he was in a Thistle top again .

Edited by I Clavdivs

Zanatta has been poor recently, that penalty against Killie aside. No surprise to see him hooked today. Would definitely have taken a point before kick-off. Thought we’d almost got there until the last kick of the ball. I think. Or was it a head? I’ve no idea. Thistle away is definitely my favourite away trip, although it’s always better if we are in the Jackie Husband stand. Although in that 96th minute I’m quite glad we weren’t. Highlight of the day was the Rovers crowd just going for it and singing towards the end, presumably because we could all see f**k all. As B.A has already said, if you’re going to lose a game then today was probably it given the conditions. Onwards and upwards 

1 hour ago, embow said:

Bummer with the goal being so late. We had to lose sometime and given the state of the personnel and a red card it had to be today. But in the very fag end of the game. Just see it out FFS.

Thistle deserved the win absolutely,  but the ref happy to play until they scored! 🤔 Ridiculous amount of added on time.

Didn’t watch the game. There are usually about 3 mins added for subs. How much time for the red ?

After seing the lineup before the game and our lack of an actual striker in the squad, a point was the most I hoped for today. Berra going in like that and getting himself sent off only strengthened that. With that said though, when you get to the 95th minute without conceding you do start to think the draw is on. Thistle deserved the win but mcglynn actually got the tactics pretty spot on once we went down to 10 men. Sit in and shit fest the game. We didn't have an out ball and were pinned back for the entire game really.

I think the game should have been abandoned like a few others were but regardless of that, thistle deserved the 3 points today.

Yeah, bit of a sore one, especially as Thistle were given a free kick in the lead up the goal when it seemed quite apparent that their centre half forearm smashed Arnott in the side of the head. 30 seconds later and the ball is in the net, harsh on the players and fans who rallied to try to get the side over the line but just couldn’t quite manage it. 16 games is really something to be proud of, and if we go and get 6/6 from the next two this will barely matter. 

McCall and the Thistle players are perfectly entitled to celebrate a last minute goal, we would all do the same, but I didn’t think they received particularly bad abuse, if any at all, so the celebrations being directed directly at the away support rather than their own fans was a bit odd. Still, I’d be loving it if it were our players after we’d scored in the last minute, so crack on imo. 

Really quite lovely moment today when the fans were all getting behind the team loudly towards the end of the game and McGlynn appeared to be applauding/conducting the singing. There’s a real connection between the fans and players/management this year, probably more so than I’ve ever seen in my time following the club.