Partick Thistle vs Raith Rovers- 18/12/2021

1 minute ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

How many minutes did he play there? Other than the red card, was there a stoppage? That's an absolute sickener.

Finished the game with four apprentices on the park, and they absolutely didn't deserve that. 

The goal was pretty much bang on 5 mins injury time.

2 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Even though we got beat 15 games unbeaten is unbelievable. We seriously need strikers. We can’t always rely on wingers getting the goals. 

We have strikers, presumably they have covid.

Bummer with the goal being so late. We had to lose sometime and given the state of the personnel and a red card it had to be today. But in the very fag end of the game. Just see it out FFS.

Thistle deserved the win absolutely,  but the ref happy to play until they scored! 🤔 Ridiculous amount of added on time.

3 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Did anyone see the red? Is there a good chance of an appeal 

Don’t appeal, and he misses Ayr and QoS...appeal and lose and he might miss Pars and ICT...is it worth it?

5 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Even though we got beat 15 games unbeaten is unbelievable. We seriously need strikers. We can’t always rely on wingers getting the goals. 

Does make me wonder if we shouldn’t have rolled the dice on Mitchell earlier to let Ross get more space.

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Don’t appeal, and he misses Ayr and QoS...appeal and lose and he might miss Pars and ICT...is it worth it?

Does make me wonder if we shouldn’t have rolled the dice on Mitchell earlier to let Ross get more space.

Wouldn't have changed anything. 

Once Berra was away, our reorganisation left no outball. In that situation, and without Spencer we would need someone to go make a nuisance of themselves, battle with a centre back... drag the side forward. 

Ah yes, the old teams shouldn't celebrate last minute winner theory.

That was a huge win for us especially given the insipid nature of our defeat last week, I had us as nailed on 5th place and I still think we're probably the weakest of the top 5 but that keeps us right in the hunt in a game where it looked like we'd blown it.

Five minutes stoppage time seemed about right for 5 subs, sending off and Macdonald's 'injury.'

Tbf we were, understandably, wasting time at every breakdown of play. Adding in the subs and sending off, I was expecting 4/5 minutes of stoppage time. Can’t have too many complaints as frustrating as it is.

Thistle absolutely deserved the win (from the limited amount I could see) the lack of striker killed us and we couldn’t get up the pitch all game. It would also be nice if we could stop getting players sent off, 3 reds in the last couple of months, it was eventually going to cost us.

However, credit to the players and manager for an excellent 15 game unbeaten run. On hard work and endeavour alone we didn’t deserve that ending but just a real lack of quality today which was understandable in the circumstances meant we were penned in for nearly the full game and the luck ran out.

5 players who have come through our youth system playing for us today, obviously dictated by the players missing but it’s always nice to see.

Finally, I thought Bene was very good today. Waited patiently for his chance due to the form of Lang and Berra but with at least one of them missing next week he has his chance to reclaim his position.

Never looked like getting anything today even before the Berra sending off. Just didn’t seem at it. Thought we’d done enough for a point, but not to be. Still happy enough with that second quarter and didn’t lose any ground on top spot with ICT losing. Real test is the next two games. QOS and Ayr away, traditionally two matches that cause us problems.

6 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Ah yes, the old teams shouldn't celebrate last minute winner theory.

That was a huge win for us especially given the insipid nature of our defeat last week, I had us as nailed on 5th place and I still think we're probably the weakest of the top 5 but that keeps us right in the hunt in a game where it looked like we'd blown it.

Five minutes stoppage time seemed about right for 5 subs, sending off and Macdonald's 'injury.'

Not that it matters now and Thistle deserving of the points on today's showing but the BBC gives the goal as being scored in the sixth minute of added on time. An awful lot of added on time methinks!,🤔