Partick Thistle vs Raith Rovers- 18/12/2021

This looks like what it is. A half decent side versus a depleted side with no strikers. 

We've managed to create a few half chances slipping the ball into the channels, but nothing that's even come to a shot at goal. 

Too many Rovers players, Dylan Tait chief among them, making bad decisions for us to keep Thistle out all afternoon. 

This looks like what it is. A half decent side versus a depleted side with no strikers. 
We've managed to create a few half chances slipping the ball into the channels, but nothing that's even come to a shot at goal. 
Too many Rovers players, Dylan Tait chief among them, making bad decisions for us to keep Thistle out all afternoon. 
I didnt think we were allowed to criticise Tait these days. He's ripping my b*****d knitting.

4 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
6 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I didnt think we were allowed to criticise Tait these days. He's ripping my b*****d knitting.

Looks pretty doubtful he's coming back so rip away.

5 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
7 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

2 1/2 matches to yell at him!

4 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
7 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I think it'd be unfair to criticise his application or endeavour, but his decision making has been suspect at best. Obviously he's young and still learning so you're going to get rushed passes and the like, but that handball was ludicrous. 

Hetherston was in hospitality last week. Mind him being a fan of Big Marv up top, time for McGlynn to emulate, bring on Frankie and stick one of him or Berra up top?

Edited by renton

Absolutely no idea what’s been happening up the far end. Not that it’s been up there particularly often. Players and ball disappear into the fog in the far corner, and 9/10 Thistle reappear with it. Thistle have had 3 or 4 great chances but barely hit the target with any. If they get an early goal they’ll win comfortably, but the longer it goes 0-0 the better it is for us. 

We miss Varian to a massive degree. Nothing sticking up front the the ball is just coming straight back. Would be tempted to try Zanatta up front rather than Ross but it’s rearrange deck chairs on the covid titanic. Would be absolutely over the moon to Nick a point in these circumstances. 

2 minutes ago, Reid said:

Should be at least 1 up. Tiffoney, Graham and Smith all missed sitters. Can’t imagine Raith will be this poor in the second half.

I can. We have no Centre Forwards available, really. Thistle are free to aggressively press high up and pen us in. 

1 minute ago, Brashy's Boots said:
6 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:
Jesus! The fog is thicker than I thought!

It's not as thick as Steven Bell.

Bell sorted our defence last season when McCall was close to being sacked. Without him, we would have struggled to even make the play-offs.

Bell's been injured since the start of the season. Even fit, he'd struggle to make the bench now but we have a lot to thank him for.

1 minute ago, renton said:

I can. We have no Centre Forwards available, really. Thistle are free to aggressively press high up and pen us in. 

Not to mention we're also missing the one player most likely to spring that high press and get us going forward. 

Rather than being poor, the Rovers are doing about as well as you could expect given the circumstances! 

Bell sorted our defence last season when McCall was close to being sacked. Without him, we would have struggled to even make the play-offs.
Bell's been injured since the start of the season. Even fit, he'd struggle to make the bench now but we have a lot to thank him for.
Fair enough Bishop, but you need to keep him away from the broadcasts. More mince than Sainsbury's.

2 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
9 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Fair enough Bishop, but you need to keep him away from the broadcasts. More mince than Sainsbury's.

Not everyone is eloquent with a microphone in hand...

McCall needs to freshen up the squad and Bell could be one of those who move on in January.