Partick Thistle vs Raith Rovers- 18/12/2021

1 hour ago, steakngravy said:

Getting early Glasgow bus from Kirkcaldy and a pub crawl to Firhill yessssssssssssss.

John McGlynn should have the players train at the Beveridge park all week to get them used to the tattie field conditions.

When I lived in Kirkcaldy, Beveridge Park was always so nicely maintained. 

2 hours ago, JagsCG said:

Would rather be playing this at Starks Park than Firhill, our pitch badly needs a rest (or just no agreement to ground-share in the first place). We have to bounce back from disappointment vs Arbroath but Raith are on great form so it’ll be a very difficult game. Hopefully Rudden is back. 

Ground sharing is not great if you’ve got a grass pitch.  Probably work in your favour as we love to pass it around at the back which is difficult if the pitch is poor. We’ll try to make sure our wee hoolies behave and don’t set any smoke bombs off in the concourse this time. 

7 hours ago, Nightmare said:

All away fans this season at Firhill for Thistle games have been in the Colin Weir (the old Main Stand).

Ah f**k. That’s a huge disappointment. An absolute shite place to watch football from. Would much rather be in the Jackie Husband or behind the goals. 

7 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

I know it’s pretty early doors, but is there a Streaming option available for this game? I won’t make it through, annoyingly - was looking forward to it as well.

Yes details will be on Thistle twitter this week.

1 hour ago, roverthemoon said:

Ah f**k. That’s a huge disappointment. An absolute shite place to watch football from. Would much rather be in the Jackie Husband or behind the goals. 

Sturgeon to give a covid update on Tuesday so you could be watching it in your house 😉

Disappointing that no tickets will be on sale on the day. I'm at a wedding on the west coast on Friday (potential COVID restrictions permitting) and won't know until around  Saturday lunchtime if I'll be able to make it to Glasgow for kick off.

On the game itself, we are very solid at the back and I feel confident in any CB pairing we'll put out. Spencer being out will continue to be a massive blow and it'll be interesting to see how McGlynn eases Arnott in and if he'll begin to start games. I've not seen him play in-person yet but reviews have been very promising.

I'll go for 2-1 to the Rovers. Graham with the Thistle goal, Berra and Zanatta with the Rovers.

18 minutes ago, ListerRRFC said:

Disappointing that no tickets will be on sale on the day. I'm at a wedding on the west coast on Friday (potential COVID restrictions permitting) and won't know until around  Saturday lunchtime if I'll be able to make it to Glasgow for kick off.

7 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

That's a bizarre policy, is it not? I know Arbroath were getting some grief for not having a cash gate, but at least if you were turned away you could buy a ticket on your phone there and then. 

From the match info page on our website:

Online ticket sales for Raith Rovers fans will be available right up until kick-off. There will be no provision available for physical in-person ticket sales for Raith Rovers supporters on matchday.

The wording for previous matches did suggest no tickets were available at all on the day, but that appears to be fixed now.

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

From the match info page on our website:

Online ticket sales for Raith Rovers fans will be available right up until kick-off. There will be no provision available for physical in-person ticket sales for Raith Rovers supporters on matchday.

The wording for previous matches did suggest no tickets were available at all on the day, but that appears to be fixed now.

Excellent. The last thing you want is to be making it more difficult for people to come and watch lower league football, there are already plenty factors that drive that.