Dundee United vs. Livingston

Btw the Harkes one was def a foul to us, great refereeing there, Montano got up beside him and was pulled down.

Some tangerine tinted spec by Courts here too.

Dundee United head coach Thomas Courts: "There was a huge incentive for us that we've missed, but these players have character and spirit.

"I thought it [the penalty decision] was extremely harsh at the time. I feel there were multiple decisions that went against us. I thought it just looked like a shoulder challenge in the box."

Fouks was nowhere near shoulder to shoulder, he came flying in turning his back to Shinnie and body slammed him to the ground, nothing harsh about it.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

9 hours ago, Scrutinizer said:

Scrappy game, both teams were rather poor,still a gritty performance overall

Stryjek.  6/10

Devlin. 4/10

Fizzywater. 8/10

Obileye.  8/10

Penrice  5/10

McMillan 3/10

Holt.   7/10

Omeonga  1/10

Forrest  7/10

Anderson  5/10

Montano  4/10

Pittman.  3/10

Shinnie. 6/10

Bailly.  3/10

Rocket

It wasn't the worst performance from us, at least compared to the last couple of games, but we had no clue how to break Livi down once they got their goal to hang onto, so why it took Courts so long to bring on Appere(who created our best chance with his first involvement) I don't know.

As an aside, that's the most abysmal refereeing performance I've seen in years.

A great result, ground out.  I'm sure that'll be a valuable few points come the end of the season.  Although, if Ayo was to miss that penalty, he should have been rightly banned from taking any future penalties with that technique [emoji34]
What's wrong with the technique? He's never missed with it. Loads of players do the same thing as the hop throws the keeper off

On 12/12/2021 at 00:49, LIVIFOREVER said:

Btw the Harkes one was def a foul to us, great refereeing there, Montano got up beside him and was pulled down.

Some tangerine tinted spec by Courts here too.

Fouks was nowhere near shoulder to shoulder, he came flying in turning his back to Shinnie and body slammed him to the ground, nothing harsh about it.

Ridiculous comments from Courts, particularly on what was a stonewall penalty. 

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:
4 hours ago, ol1vercloff said:
A great result, ground out.  I'm sure that'll be a valuable few points come the end of the season.  Although, if Ayo was to miss that penalty, he should have been rightly banned from taking any future penalties with that technique emoji34.png

What's wrong with the technique? He's never missed with it. Loads of players do the same thing as the hop throws the keeper off

Maybe I'm just old school that likes penalties blasted into a corner. The 'Jorginho' type penalty is fine...until he misses, which I'm sure Ayo will at some point. Like Jorginho did in the Euros final 🙈

Maybe I'm just old school that likes penalties blasted into a corner. The 'Jorginho' type penalty is fine...until he misses, which I'm sure Ayo will at some point. Like Jorginho did in the Euros final [emoji85]
blasting it to not the top corner is fine until you do what Martin Boyle did against us [emoji2371]

20 minutes ago, ol1vercloff said:

Maybe I'm just old school that likes penalties blasted into a corner. The 'Jorginho' type penalty is fine...until he misses, which I'm sure Ayo will at some point. Like Jorginho did in the Euros final 🙈

3 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

blasting it to not the top corner is fine until you do what Martin Boyle did against us emoji2371.png

Aye Danny Mullen did one like that against Albion Rovers, prob still rolling down the high street yet,

Obileye never missed a pen for QoTS either, if it works why change it. No doubt he'll miss one eventually, although we don't get that many so could be a while, everyone misses now and again. Dave MacKay used to take ours and scored a few, then missed against Partick Thistle in a cup game, it happens, was still a good pen taker for us.