Dundee United vs. Livingston

10 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

(where the f**k did 6 minutes come from?)

Injuries at the start of the half? I wasn't surprised. 

Big win, need to follow it up in the winnable home games coming up. Forrest cigaring it again.

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

What actually happened?

They took the drum off livi fans before the game, and then gave it back at half time, and I guess we then made too much noise with drum because they then fought with livi fans to take the drum of us again. Of course livi fans protested with the drum being taken away when it was the stewards who actually gave it back, so they kicked a few fans out. Not really sure why a single drum caused so much issue and so many stewards were required

Just now, Menga Bus said:

They took the drum off livi fans before the game, and then gave it back at half time, and I guess we then made too much noise with drum because they then fought with livi fans to take the drum of us again. Of course livi fans protested with the drum being taken away when it was the stewards who actually gave it back, so they kicked a few fans out. Not really sure why a single drum caused so much issue and so many stewards were required

f**k sake, I'd register a complaint with Livi and possibly the SLO and try to get them to take that forward with Dundee Utd. At very least they'd surely get their ticket price refunded if the club fight it

44 minutes ago, Menga Bus said:

Good. There’s no place for drums at football. Well done Utd’s stewards 👍

1 hour ago, Menga Bus said:

Yet Celtic had one six days previous without a cheep from them. 

1 hour ago, Menga Bus said:

Pathetic from United: I know they got complaints from spectators last week due to inaction over a variety of antisocial behaviours from Celtic supporters, but if that was their attempt to balance that out, it showed their failings up when it comes to facing the real issues in crowd conduct in Scottish football.

2 hours ago, Phillips455 said:

Thanks livi! Up to 4th for less than 22 hours but atleast we can say we were about Dundee United for a time.

Hey man, it's not really a brag, it it?

8 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Yet Celtic had one six days previous without a cheep from them. 

Our actions from the club, stewards and police last week are still a step below our performance today.

I've stuck up for Tam Courts since his appointment but he has been found very sadly lacking in the last three games. While he's stuck,through a variety of circumstances, without any actual strikers, today's defeat seemed almost wilful to me, an uneducated supporter, in the simple sense of his unwillingness to throw Edwards forward, and to make much needed substitutions, until the 85th minute. 

Livingston are a well drilled side, credit to David Martindale and those who fund the club. But Tam Courts played into their hands today, and obstinance appeared to cost us any chance of points.

Finally, what an arrogant cunt Gavin Duncan the referee appears to be.

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

f**k sake, I'd register a complaint with Livi and possibly the SLO and try to get them to take that forward with Dundee Utd. 

100% agree with this. Might not help the guys who got kicked out today but hopefully it will help other teams' away fans in future.

39 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Pathetic from United: I know they got complaints from spectators last week due to inaction over a variety of antisocial behaviours from Celtic supporters, but if that was their attempt to balance that out, it showed their failings up when it comes to facing the real issues in crowd conduct in Scottish football.

Hey man, it's not really a brag, it it?

Our actions from the club, stewards and police last week are still a step below our performance today.

I've stuck up for Tam Courts since his appointment but he has been found very sadly lacking in the last three games. While he's stuck,through a variety of circumstances, without any actual strikers, today's defeat seemed almost wilful to me, an uneducated supporter, in the simple sense of his unwillingness to throw Edwards forward, and to make much needed substitutions, until the 85th minute. 

Livingston are a well drilled side, credit to David Martindale and those who fund the club. But Tam Courts played into their hands today, and obstinance appeared to cost us any chance of points.

Finally, what an arrogant cunt Gavin Duncan the referee appears to be.

Is there any other kind?

It's in their job description to treat everyone with contempt, and tick them off like errant schoolboys if they dare question a decision.

Watching Obileye's disallowed goal on Sportscene and i don't think he was offside when the free kick is taken, it's a very close call anyway, and no way the lino could tell one way or another, he's prob just looked after the ball gets kicked and seen two of our players standing alone in the box.

The stewards wouldn't have dared try that shite with Celtic fans. It's the double standards. They feel they can pick on smaller supports but absolutely shite the bed with the bigger supports and just essentially let them police themselves.

That's not a dig at United either, it's the same thing all around the country from the police and stewarding companies.

20 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

I think the best bit of refereeing today was Duncan giving a free kick to Livi when the two players tackled Glass on the edge of the box and he clearly fouled them whilst he was in the throes of taking a shot on goal. 

This was a repeat of the one with Harkes just before half time. Might well have been a penalty to United, but no free kick to Livingston.

Appallingly bad refereeing performance today. Found myself thinking this was a guy who's never played the game / not that into football / just there to top up his wages

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

I think the best bit of refereeing today was Duncan giving a free kick to Livi when the two players tackled Glass on the edge of the box and he clearly fouled them whilst he was in the throes of taking a shot on goal. 

50 minutes ago, Steven W said:

This was a repeat of the one with Harkes just before half time. Might well have been a penalty to United, but no free kick to Livingston.

Appallingly bad refereeing performance today. Found myself thinking this was a guy who's never played the game / not that into football / just there to top up his wages

The big teams get all the decisions.