Forfar Ath v The Binos

Relatively comfortable for us. Was a little on edge part way through the 2nd half as Stirling looked to attack. I also don't know the reason why the goal was disallowed.

Don't know why Strachan was absent but if he is injured, along with Fisher getting injured just makes the Travis loan look worse as he'd be needed now. (Also, he scored for Berwick today) Don't fancy Yussef as LB for the next however long.

Guest mr_malcolm
Relatively comfortable for us. Was a little on edge part way through the 2nd half as Stirling looked to attack. I also don't know the reason why the goal was disallowed.
Don't know why Strachan was absent but if he is injured, along with Fisher getting injured just makes the Travis loan look worse as he'd be needed now. (Also, he scored for Berwick today) Don't fancy Yussef as LB for the next however long.

Hussain is horrific . I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that Arbroath were just far too good but even today he was pish

Another superb performance from the forfar stewards 

The same stewards that let the young lad in with his flag and pole at the gate , only for them too grab it off him 15 minutes in ! 

When will forfar do something about the stewards or will they continue sweeping it under the carpet , 

Not sure why I'm posting TBH, I have nothing to add that hasn't already been mentioned?

Unsure why the Stirling goal was chalked off, I was at the opposite end so can't comment.  

Overall Forfar move the ball well, but we really need to get someone to stir up the opposition defence. No disrespect to Matty, he plays some lovely passes and gets others involved, but a rough and tumble old fashioned centre forward should be on FAFC's Santa wish list IMO..

4 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

Just an illness for Strachan. Back next week

20 hours ago, mr_malcolm said:

2 shit teams

Not wrong there, although Forfar were by some margin the less shitty.

Apart from a  15/20 minute flurry in the middle of the second half we looked like a pub team. It took us 60 minutes to get a shot in, and when we did the first three efforts were over the bar and close to over the road. To rub salt in the wound Scott Shepherd managed to set up a tap in second goal when Forfar were only looking to play out time for the last 6 or 7 minutes at the corner flag

I saw BBC match stats gave us 53% possession, most of it must have come from passing square and backwards around the halfway line.

7 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

Looking at the highlights, it's still tricky, but I think the referee disallowed Bikey's goal for handball. It appears the ball hit his arm before he kicked it in, but was his arm in an unnatural position? Probably not. I'll let all you lads decide.

Looks like it hit his arm, the bit in bold is irrelevant when it's the goal scorer who has handled it.

Guest mr_malcolm
Looks like it hit his arm, the bit in bold is irrelevant when it's the goal scorer who has handled it.

It’s one of them , happy when it goes for you angry when against

13 hours ago, AlbionMan said:

Yea, if it had been your defender's arm I'd have been screaming for a penalty.

Just like we were early in the first half when a Stirling defender’s arm sticking out connected with the ball, to be fair, I don’t think he meant or even knew much about it but technically a offence and arguably a penalty.

We complain about bad decisions but they generally even themselves out over a season, or in this case, a game.

Anyway, a match we deserved to win even if the score line flattered us slightly, Fortress Station Park remains intact after a good battle, Stirling look a side that has it but is currently out of rhythm, I’m sure they’ll be back in the hunt soon.