Forfar Ath v The Binos

Well its going to be interesting game on Saturday for the Binos. In the midst of a slump unable to get a result and to top it all our manager KR quits on Thursday. 

Can the team bounce back and surprise Forfar on Saturday who must be favourites to take all 3 points or will we fail to get anything. ?

Were in a slump just now and last weeks defeat away to bottom club Cowdenbeath just sums up our position just now. 

On paper we have by League 2 standards a good squad who should be doing better but we simply over the last few weeks have been unable to get a result both at home and away. 

Prediction Forfar Ath 2 Binos 1 (Hope to be proved wrong 🙂

3 points, Forfar home win, surely!

When we lost to Stirling last time it was a bit of a disappointment but Stirling were right up with us in the table at that point, however, the Binos have fallen off a cliff so we should have more than enough. Be nice to pick up a clean sheet.

Score line flattered Forfar and I think we were unlucky to get beaten. Better side in the second half despite conceding a goal early with Forfar time wasting  with 7 minutes left to play. Not sure why our goal was chalked off 🤷. Bikey and Flanagan made a big difference when they came on. 

Edited by headthebaw

A strong Forfar performance and I thought a below average Binos. Slater again way above any other player, fine defensive performance and the usual woeful Aitken upfront but with a header that nearly hit the corner flag so he is getting better. There's positives to take but we need a frontman now. Anyway, 3 points always welcome.

What was going on with our stewards and the Bino young team?

Guest mr_malcolm
A strong Forfar performance and I thought a below average Binos. Slater again way above any other player, fine defensive performance and the usual woeful Aitken upfront but with a header that nearly hit the corner flag so he is getting better. There's positives to take but we need a frontman now. Anyway, 3 points always welcome.

Aitken is getting worse every week

34 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Just the usual, our ar sehole stewards picking on kids, sure the albino fans know their flag shouldn’t have a pole but just ask them to remove it and get it back at the end but instead had to play the hard men and take it by force. They were doing no harm just creating an atmosphere and supporting their team.

Good win if a little unconvincing for the Loons.

5 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

had to play the hard men and take it by force.

That really pisses me off. These stewards are not doing themselves or the club any favours. And of course they have form for this over the top behaviour. Hope the club take action.

Guest mr_malcolm
That really pisses me off. These stewards are not doing themselves or the club any favours. And of course they have form for this over the top behaviour. Hope the club take action.

They seem to like picking on young boys. Not all of the stewards but a good few of them are fucking weirdos

2 hours ago, mr_malcolm said:

2 shit teams

I felt like Forfar were the better team. You had good chances in the first half and were very well organised throughout. Can see you finishing second comfortably. Munro and Anderson were brilliant at the back. Their communication skills are second to none. We improved in the second half. Be interesting to see if there was a hand ball but have zero complaints about the result. 

A slightly improved importance from us. We passed the ball better and the subs made a difference. Annan will be a big test next Saturday. 

Hopefully we can appoint a new manager quickly. 

Guest mr_malcolm
I felt like Forfar were the better team. You had good chances in the first half and were very well organised throughout. Can see you finishing second comfortably. Munro and Anderson were brilliant at the back. Their communication skills are second to none. We improved in the second half. Be interesting to see if there was a hand ball but have zero complaints about the result. 

A slightly improved importance from us. We passed the ball better and the subs made a difference. Annan will be a big test next Saturday. 

Hopefully we can appoint a new manager quickly. 

Feels like we are in cruise control most weeks . This season has become a bit of a bore fest as I feel we are easily the second best team in this league but have no chance of catching kelty barring a miracle.

Well not the result  we wanted another defeat but on the second half performance felt we deserved something from the game. Had goal disallowed when 1-0  down and from where I was standing directly behind the goal looked okay to me  but ref saw something and chalked it off. Had chances notably Carrick missing from 4 ft out that goes in, we would have come away with point but as is the case we get hit later on with a sucker punch, game over. As previous poster says the two subs Bikey and Flannagan made a difference for us in the 2nd half. 

Onwards to 2 home games at Forthbank, need to start winning games to keep us in the mix. Maybe have the new manager in by then, lets hope we can get the points.