The Glorious Heart of Midlothian FC v Sevco

16 hours ago, AJF said:

Under the current rules, it needs to be deliberate and/or the player makes their body unnaturally bigger to block the ball. I don’t think it could be described as either.

Had the player in question been Shagger, then I'm sure it would have been classed as a great reactional stop from the keeper. 

2 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Had the player in question been Shagger, then I'm sure it would have been classed as a great reactional stop from the keeper. 

Maybe if he’d made a movement towards the ball, but he never.

Walsh was piss poor and seemed determined to give Rangers more leeway than Hearts a lot of the time, but he didn't cost us the game.

A lack of pace in defence to combat Aribo, a tendency to dwell on the ball in midfield for just a moment too long and a lack of a top class striker cost us the game. We created enough clear cut chances to win the game, even so - but, for whatever reason, Boyce just wasn't at the races today.

Most baffling decision of the day wasn't any of Walsh's though - it was Robbie Neilson bringing on Gnando with five minutes to go. I have literally no idea what RN realistically thought that gangly carthorse was likely to do which would help the Hearts' cause.

Ref was card happy as he always is. Some of the bookings for both sides seemed extreme.

Ginnelly has no complaints though, after already been booked, why get involved. He also set the tempo by walloping Barisic inside 7 seconds!

I would say it was a penalty (assuming it was not out of play, impossible to say with lack of extra cameras).

Big shout out to the two keepers who were outstanding and the best two players on the pitch (even if Gordon was a little naughty on Morelos, that's the type of nonesence you expect from McGregor!)

14 minutes ago, AJF said:

Maybe if he’d made a movement towards the ball, but he never.

The picture suggests otherwise but hey , it happened . These things happen every week . More so at our level when they employ Sunday league refs . frustrates the hell out of you but that's Scottish football for you. Pay peanuts , you get monkeys . Simple. 

11 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

The picture suggests otherwise but hey , it happened . These things happen every week . More so at our level when they employ Sunday league refs . frustrates the hell out of you but that's Scottish football for you. Pay peanuts , you get monkeys . Simple. 

You can tell from a still picture that he made a deliberate movement to block the ball? Fair play.

The question isn't whether a penalty should've been given against Goldson, but whether it would've been given at the other end if it involved a Hearts defender. Almost certainly in my opinion.

Similarly, would a Rangers player have received two yellows such as those dished out to Ginnelly? Not a chance.

This is what the blinkered fans of the gruesome twosome somehow fail to see - most of the major decisions favour their clubs when playing the diddies, whether that's through refereeing incompetence or bias .

It wasn't that long ago that Celtic won nine titles in a row along with a quadruple treble, yet their paranoid fans think officials are against them.

If the entitled supporters of either side followed a 'diddy team' instead, they'd wonder why they truly bothered turning up.  

7 minutes ago, Squonk said:

The question isn't whether a penalty should've been given against Goldson, but whether it would've been given at the other end if it involved a Hearts defender. Almost certainly in my opinion.

Similarly, would a Rangers player have received two yellows such as those dished out to Ginnelly? Not a chance.

This is what the blinkered fans of the gruesome twosome somehow fail to see - most of the major decisions favour their clubs when playing the diddies, whether that's through refereeing incompetence or bias .

It wasn't that long ago that Celtic won nine titles in a row along with a quadruple treble, yet their paranoid fans think officials are against them.

If the entitled supporters of either side followed a 'diddy team' instead, they'd wonder why they truly bothered turning up.  

So you are saying we should completely disregard whether it should've been a penalty or not, just to hypothesise what the decision would've been at the other end?

It's also curious you mention that Rangers wouldn't get bookings that Ginnelly did... Tavernier was literally booked for being fouled in the same game.

The referee was rubbish yesterday, but for it to descend into some kind of pro-Rangers performance is laughable.

51 minutes ago, AJF said:

You can tell from a still picture that he made a deliberate movement to block the ball? Fair play.

If  still pictures and self imposed lines can be  used to judge offside decisions then yes , that picture to me looks as if Goldson is leaning towards the ball and instinctively trying to block the ball.